Building Zion in our day

I've been thinking a lot about Zion tonight. I've just been noticing some things Ive seen some members say and do that has me concerned. It seems to me that too many people are thinking that Zion is something that is just going to happen to them, rather than something that we are supposed to make happen.

Do we really have a vision of what we are supposed to do in these last days? It seems to me that we need to be united together in one mind and purpose. That we need to be people of charity, integrity, and purity. I feel like a lot of us seem to have some vague direction where we are going and yet no true idea of where we need to go and what we need to do to get there.

Ultimately, Zion starts in our familes, then in our quorums, wards, stakes and so on. We need to act not only with authority, but with power. It's what this is all about.

Well considering there are two Zions. The Spiritual Zion and the Physical Zion.

Spiritual Zion should exist in our homes, wards, etc. For most people they feel some sence of peace and love within their homes and wards.

Physical Zion will be in Jackson County, Missouri. With most people not involved much with the building of churches and temples anymore, most people just wait for the church to do it.

I agree wholeheartedly, avatar. We already have all the keys for Zion, and for the celestial kingdom for that matter (in my understanding). If we are not enjoying these conditions -- whether individually, in families, communities, or the world -- it is because we refuse to create Zion, or are doing our best, but we are weak still.

Nevertheless, I continue to become hopeful and excited about all the work of God that is happening and progressing on this earth. I used to think that God did his work in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, only. But I come across all kinds of people on the Internet who do not have the gospel, and yet, they STILL hold to ideas of wanting a happy family life and peace on earth . . . and they do this without the knowledge that I enjoy in the gospel. I think these are very strong people, and I think God sent his servants to all walks of life. There are more and more people on this earth who are refusing to be enemies with each other.

In fact, it is the strangest thing in the world, because the governments of nations seem to feel the need to carry out conflicts (maybe there are good reasons, I'm not saying anything about that, just that the conflict is taking up reality unfortunately), and yet, I can speak to people in these same other nations and we are not enemies, we love each other, and we cannot understand why the larger conflict exists. I don't know how far this thinking is spread among the people's of the earth --- but I think it is more than we know, but it must get stronger too. I am starting to believe that ALL ideas of enmity are propaganda, either explicitly by men, or more subtly by Satan with men actually believing that there is a reason for enmity.

I just read a quote from President Benson where he said that pride is enmity to God and our fellowmen. That is pride. And we know that Lucifer's fall is pride. So, a son of the morning (which is supposed to be each of us too), Lucifer's fall was enmity towards his Father in heaven and towards his brothers and sisters. Well, we are here on this planet in the same struggle. And many are blind with enmity/pride. God does not give qualifiers about who our brothers and sisters are.

Edited by MaidservantX