Getting a passport???

Lost_one

I have an American friend who wishes to get a passport. The problem is, is that they are in an abusive relationship and there partner will not let them get one. They have asked me to help, but im stuck as to what exactly i can do.

Ive suggested they go visit there parents and i can come over and take them to get the passport, but i dont know if they will need to go to an interview or if filling in the forms and sending the pics and money is enough.

I dont have endless money, so i cant go over for more than a week. There family dont know about the abuse and they are to scared of there partner to tell them. They basicly need to get out of the country, before they will be safe. Please trust me on this.

My friend is in very real danger and needs a passport fast.

I know it takes a month from filing, for the passport to come through, but what im asking is, can we do all the things they need within a week? Also, can the passport be sent to a differant address, than there own. As if there partner see's it, my friend will be in alot of trouble.

Thanks

She has a mental health problem, that makes it hard for her to trust anyone. She needs a person she knows to support her. She cant cope with strangers. Even ones who have her best interest at heart. She is very controlled. Her partner has alot of contacts in the US that are not good people. I'd rather not say anymore. Suffice to say, her partner is the cause of most of her issues.

I will also be in danger when im there, which is another reason i want to get it done quick. I will need all of Heavenly Fathers help with this.

Edited by Lost_one

Expedited service is for the cost of the Postal Service two day delivery or somethink like that.

You go to a Main Post office and with the proper paperwork and passport photos and identification send it in.

I would go to the Main Post office or USPS.com to check what needs to be done to get it done.

If there is a child then they would need one too.

Call your main Post Office.

Ben Raines

Guest DeborahC

This should tell you what you need to know.

First time passport holders need to appear personally, but you can often do that at the US Post Office, so if she could get her photos and go to the US Post Office, she could get the passport. The mailing would be an issue as you have to prove residence, and they will mail it to the address on her driver's license, I believe:

First Time

There are also websites like this one:

Rush Passports - How to Rush Passports or How to Expedite Passport Applications

which have links to RUSH passport services.

Good luck!

I know that you can get "expedited service" when ordering a passport, but I don't remember how fast this is. It does cost extra money to do so.

How much it costs, is not my concern, only my friends safety. As long as she knows what day the passport is coming, she should be able to get to it, before one of his boys.

She has no young children. She is quite an old lady.

Thank you for the links DeborahC. I will check those out now.

Edited by Lost_one

I believe you can appear in person with the required documents at specific locations and get one fairly quickly. Seems to me that if you go to a designated passport office to get really fast service. I just check the website and they say that regular passport processing times are about 3 weeks right now. You can get an expedited passport in about 2 weeks by mail. Go to: How to Get Your Passport in a Hurry and look at the link to find more information.