Is there anything wrong with being a 'Gnostic' Mormon?

Aesa

Already discussed, at least in one or two ways, in this thread, tomk.

HiJolly

Understood.

Personally, I believe truth is not the exclusive domain of the LDS Faith. I believe the Godhead is the source of ALL truth...and what man perceives as revelation (sparks of intuition, the feeling of pure intelligence flowing into us) is all good and all proceeds forth as the Light of Christ.

If we have "eyes to see" -- we can find truth in other religions.

Being a member of the LDS Faith is no guarantee of ANYTHING. The ordinances mean nothing if not coupled with a covenant relationship with the Savior from moment to moment. My observation has been, most Saints don't really get this. They think Church is a social club and that appearances matter.

Getting to know Him. Being honest with Him. This is so so hard to do. I know because I have really really tried -- and it is the most soul-stretching thing I have ever attempted. He is a God of truth and cannot be deceived and in many ways, is bound by our dishonesty with Him. But He is patient and kind and keeps moving us forward as fast as we can tolerate. :)

A few of those scriptures include:

1 The Acts of Peter and Paul

2 The Book of Revelation: The Two Witnesses

3 The Book of Thomas

4 Gnostic Egyptian Cosmic Drama

5 The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene

6 The Hypostasis of the Archons

7 Thunder, Perfect Mind

While the Hypostasis or the Archons would be far removed from LDS Theology, the Gospel of Thomas would not be too far off.

The Gospel of Mary Magdalene being married to Jesus would dovetail nicely with some LDS speculation, while the idea of Mary Magdalene being one of the Apostles and thus coequal with men on this level would not jive with LDS thinking.

Guest DeborahC

The Gospel of Mary Magdalene being married to Jesus would dovetail nicely with some LDS speculation, while the idea of Mary Magdalene being one of the Apostles and thus coequal with men on this level would not jive with LDS thinking.

I'll just change that quote to add the word "current" . . .

" ... while the idea of Mary Magdalene being one of the Apostles and thus coequal with men on this level would not jive with CURRENT LDS thinking.

and add "imo" :D