Highlighting Scriptures on LDS.org Part 2

HoosierGuy

Well, this is not a "scripture" post but it does deal with posting scriptures and how to post them in a highlighted way and I think this post belongs here here so....

Let’s say you want to discuss a scripture passage here on the boards of lds.net. You may want to provide a link to the exact scripture on lds.org. That's easy to do. Just go to the scriptures page at:

Scriptures

Then once you find the page, you copy and past the url here like this:

Abraham 2

That's easy to do. But, what if you want to post a scripture and have it highlighted in yellow on lds.org? I'm talking about something like this:

Ether 12

As you can see, when you click the link Ether 12:6 is highlighted in yellow. So, how did I do that and how can you do that? In case you don’t know here is how. And I'm posting these instructions because I have seen others here on lds.net do this but I did not know how until I accidentally found out how. So....

The secret is all in the little search box in the upper left hand corner of the scriptures page. Let’s say you want to post a link highlighting John 21:17

All you have to do is go to the search box and put in "John 21:17" and hit enter. That will show you only "John 21:17" alone. If you want to post a link to that then you are done. Copy the url and post it here like this and that's it: Reference Search: john 21:17

But let’s show John 21:17 highlighted in yellow along with all the rest of John 21. All you have do is click the little John 21:17 link button that is above the passage and that page will take you to all of John 21 with 17 highlighted in yellow like this: John 21

It's simple to do and I hope I've been clear. I did not know how to do this for a long time until I accidentally discovered it! lol. Anyway, in case any of you did not know how to do it but wanted to, now you know!

It's simple. Just punch in the scripture you want to highlight in the search box, for example 2 Nephi 12:3 and hit search. That will take you to that exact scripture but right above that scripture is a link that will say 2 Nephi 12:3. Click that link and you will see all of 2 Nephi 12 with 3 highlighted in yellow.

You're being so sweet. . . but its really not working for me. I've tried it with several scriptures. Sometimes these things just don't work for me. I am technically/electronically challenged at times.

Thanks bunches again for being so sweet. Really you don't need to keep trying. . .I'll figure it out someday. Maybe it will work tomorrow. :D

A~

• 1 month later...