Patriarchal Blessing Question...

Guest ldsgirl08

Guest ldsgirl08

I'm going to be receiving my patriarchal blessing on Sunday and my sister told me that it's customary to think of a couple questions you've always wanted answered. She said you don't share these with the people (person) ...not even sure if it's more than one, lol giving the blessing. I told her that since I had been a member since I was 10, had been married and divorced three times I wanted to know and she interrupted me saying, "If you're going to marry someone temple worthy." Of course I want to know that. She said that's every single lds girl's question. I think for me it's different since I've been marred...I meen married so many times. I have rededicated my life back to the true gospel and am sticking with it because nothing has ever made me happier but yet I know that being married to someone God has earmarked for me to be with in Heaven; on Earth would be so divine.

So I guess my question is this: Do you think of questions before you receive your patriarchal blessing that you would like to have answered?

I can't remember if I had any questions on my mind when I got mine. Then again I was only thirteen when I recieved mine. I think I had a few concerns on my mind though, mine mainly dealt with my temperal needs and how I would preform in life in general. Plus I was struggling with the idea of linage, as you know when the patraich gives a blessing he tells you of which tribe you are from. I read over and over again in the bible about the blessings that Joseph recieved and of the blessings that Abraham recieved. Being a young person I didn't really comprehend it too well. Consequently when I recived my blessing those two things stood out a lot.

I walked in to my Patriarch's house and spent four hours with him before I got my blessing. For some, it's easy. For others, it's hard. I had a series of pretty specific instructions in mine and the blessing was pretty in-depth.

Honestly, when it comes to temple marriage, you can always get what you want. It won't be easy and it won't come without struggle or sacrifice, but if you truly seek it and are open to the spirit, you'll find it. :)

i've never heard of focusing on certain questions... i assume the idea is that those questions will be answered in the course of the blessing?

i was instructed to go in fasting and prayer. which i did. i would recomend you prepare yourself spiritualy like you would most any other spiritual event. trust the lord to know specificly what you need to hear.

I agree with Gwen,

I didn't focus on questions, I focused on being closer to the spirit through fasting and prayer. I admit being worried that I would chastised for things I needed to change... But when I finally got around to counting, my blessing was 80% blessings and 10% instructions and the rest were statements of fact, such as 'the Lord loves you very much', etc. All in all, my blessing was wonderful, and I think yours will be also.

Hang on to Hope until Help and Other Possibilities Emerge.

The Patriarch when I was a teenager instructed us to pray and fast in preparation and asked that our parents pray and fast also.

Our current Stake Patriarch asks that all those who will come fast and pray, and continue fasting through the blessing. He encourages all family members to be present. I really enjoyed participating in the patriarchal blessings for my children.

Mostly Patriarchal blessings will reaffirm that your Heavenly Father loves you. Other things are specific to each person and become deeply personal. Dont' be apprehensive. Remember you have a Father in Heaven who loves you.

applepansy