patriarchal blessings?

aluvsd4ever

It has been my experience that the decision is up to you, your bishop and the Stake Patriarch. I haven't read or heard anything different. I'm not sure a time limit is addressed in the Bishop's handbook.

You will need to be interviewed by your Bishop. I would suggest you talk to your Bishop to get the process started.

applepansy

This is the quote from Mormonwiki:

"A Patriarchal Blessing is a special blessing "given to worthy [Mormon] Church members by ordained patriarchs. A patriarchal blessing contains the Lord’s counsel for the person receiving the blessing and declares that person’s lineage in the house of Israel. Fathers may give special blessings as the patriarchs of their families, but such blessings are not recorded or retained by the Church."[1]

Every Mormon can receive a patriarchal blessing once in his lifetime. This usually is done when the person is a teenager."

So if you have already been baptized, I assume you can get yours done anytime after you turn 13 since before that you aren't a teenager.

herballady