Bank of America again?

mlbrowninwa

Are we as a country just going to sit back and continue to do bailout after bailout? We just bailed out Citi a few weeks ago and they're back at the well. Now the largest recipient of the TARP is back(Bank of America) needing more money to survive and of course the taxpayer(you and me) are on the hook. This is getting crazy. When are they just going to let the markets work as they should. Bad companies and banks need to go bankrupt and let all this mess reset once and for all. :mad:

I currently have a credit card with BOA that has a balance on it that I am working to pay off. As soon as we bailout BOA i'm going to call them and let them know that since I as a taxpayer has come to their rescue against my will, i expect my account to be set at 0% interest until it's paid. I will be more than willing to pay my debt, but nothing else.

I currently have a credit card with BOA that has a balance on it that I am working to pay off. As soon as we bailout BOA i'm going to call them and let them know that since I as a taxpayer has come to their rescue against my will, i expect my account to be set at 0% interest until it's paid. I will be more than willing to pay my debt, but nothing else.

can't wait to hear their reply.....:D

I say we start a petition to have Congres give a bail-out to the American people.

Let's see there's approximately 305,623,506 in the US*. If we ask for a three trillion dollar bail-out that's about ten thousand dollars for each person.

What do you say? I say let's do it!

*According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census projected to 01/16/09 at 05:04 GMT (EST+5).

We did this in the 1920's before the Great Depression. Money was given to banks and they used it to help their own out and not the people. History has a bad habit of repeating itself. The money was intended to get the banks to loan money out to people but of course that's not happening. It's obvious that the government is the bank and the banks run the government.

They haven't balled out wells fargo or citi financal yet have they:D

Actually citi financial has been one of the biggest recipients of them all. They not only got part of TARP1, but was also partially nationalized with the Fed backing something like 320 billion. Gave them 320 billion while telling the auto companies they couldn't have any. Wells Fargo has also received TARP help and used that help to acquire Wacovia. Wells will need additional help before it's over. Citi is in further trouble now and after all that funding will now be split into to separate companies.