Just a Question

MichaelPAGuy

I am currently working my way back into becoming a member once again.(I resigned in 2007) I have a meeting scheduled with the bishop on Tuesday night concerning taking the missionary discussions and baptism. My question is, Is it possible to be baptized, once again receive the melchizedek priesthood and a temple recommend say in a span of 6 months? I didn't sin while I was not a member. I now have a full testimony of this gospel. My goal is to go to the temple sometime this year and receive my endowments.

I doubt it.

Temple is usually a year a way. If you had a temple recommend before, there is a possibility it could be restored in 6 months, but thats cutting in close (8 months seems more doable)

Its all up to your bishop and Stake President (and I think the High Counsel have some say in the matter)

Live the gospel as you know you should, do the best you can, and things well come in there own do time.

Remember we can walk faster then we have strength to do so.

I would guess not. In the event of a rebaptism, they would want to be very careful that you fully realize the eternal consequences of joining, quitting, and then having a change of heart. What if you get rebaptized only to fall away again in 6 months? You can't just jump in and out of the church and the covenants you make willy-nilly every time you think it is too hard or you come across something that makes you question your faith. I think you would have to really impress those who interview that you understand the seriousness of the covenants you make, and are not making them with no real intentions of living up to your end of them if you were to speed up the process.

I am currently working my way back into becoming a member once again.(I resigned in 2007) I have a meeting scheduled with the bishop on Tuesday night concerning taking the missionary discussions and baptism. My question is, Is it possible to be baptized, once again receive the melchizedek priesthood and a temple recommend say in a span of 6 months? I didn't sin while I was not a member. I now have a full testimony of this gospel. My goal is to go to the temple sometime this year and receive my endowments.

Thats between you and the Bishop.....I know a new convert to could thru the Temple 3 months after Baptism.....

Guest missingsomething

Yep - just follow the counsel of the bishop... what made you settle on 6 mo? Something happening then? It doesnt matter... Im just curious!

Good luck on your trip back! :)

I'm just very anxious to come back to the church and be a full member and once again receive the blessings in my life. That is all. Am I able to consider myself a mormon even though I am currently not a member of the church?

I know a woman who was a volunteer at the Family History Center for 25 years. Was not a baptised member of the church, but she told everyone that she was a Mormon via osmosis. When she got baptised - she then changed it to Baptised Mormon.

What does your heart tell you?

BTW- Welcome home Michael.:P I was lost for nearly 30 years, though I never had my membership removed or was excommunicated. That day I finally walked into the chapel, I knew I was home for good!

Guest TheLutheran

. . . I didn't sin while I was not a member. . . .

Maybe I'm not up-to-speed on what this phrase means in LDS-code, but to be sinless for over a year??? That's incredible!! :sunny: