Relief is on the way

bytor2112

See my response to apple about Bush's tax cuts. The only people the tax cuts helped are the wealthy. People in poverty and most of the middle class did not benefit.

Mmmmm...uhhhh, nooo.........

The biggest percentage tax cut—about 17.6 percent—went to taxpayers in the second-lowest quintile, that is to taxpayers with below-average incomes. After that, the size of the tax cut falls off as you move from the lower middle to the middle middle (12.6 percent) to the upper middle class (9.9 percent). It rises again slightly for the top quintile, but only to a little over 11 percent.

Bush taxcut highlights....courtesy of the CATO Institute:

* A reduction of individual income tax rates from 15, 28, 31, 36, and 39.6 percent to 10, 15, 25, 28, 33, and 35 percent;

* An increase in the child tax credit from $500 to $1,000;

* A phased-in reduction in estate taxes, and a one-year repeal in 2010;

* A big expansion of tax-favored retirement savings plans.

". . . even me?" What must you think of me Bytor. :P

Elphaba

Obviously....referring to your intense admiration for the new President and liberal politics......no offense intended.;)

Like Jolee pointed out $13.00 a week can pay towards bread and milk - kind of important stuff or it works out at around $700 a year which is enough for me to pay car insurance off in one and avoid paying interest on it which in turn saves money or I could redecorate my living room which would enrich my families life for about 5 years

If we budget properly like our prophets tell us to do me like LM would notice and appreciate that extra money and certainly wouldn't see it as measly. But personally I'd rather have a better social programme

-Charley

Back during the campaign Michelle Obama made some rather snide comments regarding the stimulus checks that were sent out.....how soon everyone forgets.

The point really is the Pork. If $13.00 is such a big deal, why not more? Why, at this time,during an economic crisis......does this "emergency" economic stimulus bill only provide an additional $13.00 (ok and some other welfare handouts) when it could have provided so much more rather than wasting tons of tax payer dollars on things that do not address the problem. Outrageous.

Personally, I would rather wipe my own nose and buy my own "social program" rather than become a needy victim that can only survive because of our "benevolent" government. The nanny state is coming.....

the Stimulus package....Nancy Pelosi made sure she took care of her husbands buisness interests....not the first time she has done that....I am sure his buisness interests were really struggling from that mean Bush economics......:D

My taxes never went up with Bush and I am not wealthy....I am wealthy in spirit because of my family.....my taxes went up when we had "Tax Man Carnahan" as Govenor and while my favorite President was in office....Hillary Clinton...ooppsss....I mean Bill Clinton

Personally, I would rather wipe my own nose and buy my own "social program" rather than become a needy victim that can only survive because of our "benevolent" government. The nanny state is coming.....

when you are in the position that $13.00 a week is not an increase worthy of note to you then you can make comments about social programmes, for me it allows would allow a $1000 a year increase+ if used wisely, which is a lot of money.

-Charley