Hi everybody!! I need your help!

broWnsugar

If there is anyone out there who has recently been married in the temple or has a daughter who has, I would like some advice on bridal gowns:

-I want to wear my bridal gown for the wedding ceremony

-What kind of decoration or embellishment will they allow on your dress

-I haven't completely decided on the temple but fiancée wants Salt Lake.

-Does that make a difference? Is Salt Lake more strict on what can adorn your dress?

-Is there someone at the Temple I could call? Will they be able to tell me what is allowed without looking at my dress in particular (I haven't found one yet :P )

-Where is a good place to buy bridal gown fabric?

I know I have a lot of questions! But I know someone out there has some answers!!

Thanks

broWny

-I want to wear my bridal gown for the wedding ceremony

You can, but I'm pretty sure (Its been a while) you are going to be wearing the temple clothes anyways. So it has to be something you can wear into the temple.

What kind of decoration or embellishment will they allow on your dress

I'm just guessing, probably not a lot. But then again I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

I haven't completely decided on the temple but fiancée wants Salt Lake.

-Does that make a difference? Is Salt Lake more strict on what can adorn your dress?

No, there is a standered set by the church that all Temples follow. you won't get away with something just because you go to the Ogden temple (instead of Salt Lake).

-Is there someone at the Temple I could call?

There could be. I'm not sure. Do you not know something in your ward? Visiting Teacher, Relief Socity President? They should know (assuming they are married).

-Where is a good place to buy bridal gown fabric?

Ebay?

I was married in the temple 5 years ago, so not terribly recently, but I wore my wedding gown for the ceremony. Tubaloth is correct, you will wear temple clothes with your dress. The modesty standards are the same as for any temple dress. If your wedding gown has short/sheer sleeves, low neck, etc, they will require you to wear a camisol-type thing under it (the temple will provide that). As far as embellishments, your dress can have sequins, beads, etc, no problem, as long as there aren't any big bows or anything that would prevent you from wearing your temple clothing correctly. If the dress has a train, you will be required to pin it up.

If you call the general number for any temple, they should be able to answer any questions you have, or connect you with someone who can help.

Hope that helps.

The church recommends you go to the temple your district is assigned to. Because the Salt Lake Temple has been the temple of choice for so many in Northern Utah, your bishop may encourage you to go to another temple. I also understand it is harder to reserve a wedding time at the Salt Lake Temple, so plan ahead.