Taking The Sacrament

TannersDad

Originally posted by curvette@Feb 2 2005, 05:05 PM

Which, I think, says that you should take the sacrament with the right hand if you deem it to be important, and doing so makes it more meaningful to you. If not, either hand will do. (although sticking your face in the tray and wolfing down all the bread would clearly be inappropriate.)

......LOL...which of course some mornings that is EXACTLY what my stomach is telling me to do!

<i work nites...get home, shower, shave go to church in give or take....35 minutes. I never have time to eat!

randy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jenda@Feb 2 2005, 07:38 PM

Seriously. Were you never taught that? I grew up fasting prior to Communion on Sunday morning.

Dawn,

Yes...I was taught the law of the fast. But we partake of the Sacrament weekly, not monthly as I believe the Restorationists/CoC/Remnant folks do.

The first Sunday of the Month is our designated fast day.

randy

Originally posted by Randy Johnson+Feb 2 2005, 06:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Randy Johnson @ Feb 2 2005, 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Feb 2 2005, 07:14 PM

You should fast before communion anyway.

Dawn,

Well a hardee har har har to you too!!

Hey..check out that talk I directed you to...and give me your input. I will be on the computer for a little bit....I am curious George!

randy

Can you give me better directions? When I search with that title, 100 results come up, but they all have different names.

Originally posted by Jenda+Feb 2 2005, 07:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Feb 2 2005, 07:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Randy Johnson@Feb 2 2005, 06:23 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Feb 2 2005, 07:14 PM

Dawn,

Hey..check out that talk I directed you to...and give me your input. I will be on the computer for a little bit....I am curious George!

randy

Can you give me better directions? When I search with that title, 100 results come up, but they all have different names.

Dawn,

Dang...all i know is that i went to the gospel library, the to magazines...selected ENSIGN....did a search on Divine Investiture of Authority..and it came up with a list of talks....I chose Gospel Classics...The Father and the Son.

Thats all i can tell ya sis. sorry.

rj

Originally posted by Randy Johnson+Feb 2 2005, 07:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Randy Johnson @ Feb 2 2005, 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Jenda@Feb 2 2005, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by -Randy Johnson@Feb 2 2005, 06:23 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Feb 2 2005, 07:14 PM

Dawn,

randy

Dawn,

Dang...all i know is that i went to the gospel library, the to magazines...selected ENSIGN....did a search on Divine Investiture of Authority..and it came up with a list of talks....I chose Gospel Classics...The Father and the Son.

Thats all i can tell ya sis. sorry.

rj

Got it. Thanks.