Interesting perspective on abortion

sim_alyb

This has never made sense to me. Are there going to be souls who will never get a body because of abortion? Wouldn't that be punishing these souls for something they had no control over?

Wouldn't God have known abortion would eliminate millions of bodies for souls to enter, and therefore make adjustments for that?

Putting aside the moral dilemma for a moment, women have been inducing abortions since they were able to figure out how to do so. So does that mean there are souls who haven't received a body because these ancient women had millions of abortions?

Additionally, women across the world are never going to stop having abortions. So, again, does this mean there will be souls who will not have the chance to have a body?

If so, is this an official Church doctrine, or teachng?

By the way, your baby is an adorable little princess.

Elphaba

Like i said they have to continue to wait.... Which drags out this whole process... I dunno about you but i want the Lord to come quickly, not slowly.

Like i said they have to continue to wait.... Which drags out this whole process... I dunno about you but i want the Lord to come quickly, not slowly.

Continue to wait for what?

I am no longer a member, so I don't have an answer about the Lord coming quickly.

I'm really not trying to be difficult. But these questions have always intrigued me, because it doesn't make sense go me.

When a woman has an abortion, does that mean the soul that would have been that person has to wait for another body? If so, when he finally gets that body, is he the same person he was meant to be?

If he is, then what does it matter if he has to wait?

And if he was meant to be that person, how is his place reassigned? (I'm sorry, I can't think of a softer way to say that.)

Finally, if abortion prevents a soul from entering a body, how can abortion due to rape or incest be justified? Wouldn't that also be denying someone a body?

I am interested in anyone's responses to my questions.

Elphaba

So, again, does this mean there will be souls who will not have the chance to have a body?

I wonder if the aborted children will not be born again until the millenium and just like a child that dies before the age of accountability, they become heirs to the Celestial kingdom. I guess they could be adopted into a family that would actually want them.

When a woman has an abortion, does that mean the soul that would have been that person has to wait for another body? If so, when he finally gets that body, is he the same person he was meant to be?

If he is, then what does it matter if he has to wait?

And if he was meant to be that person, how is his place reassigned? (I'm sorry, I can't think of a softer way to say that.)

I have no freakin' idea. :)

Finally, if abortion prevents a soul from entering a body, how can abortion due to rape or incest be justified? Wouldn't that also be denying someone a body?

Well, personally, I'm not convinced that all abortion is killing. But assuming arguendo that it is--

If someone were about to, oh, say, waterboard you; and you knew that the process would not be lethal but that it would inflict severe and lasting physical and emotional trauma upon your person--would you be justified in using lethal force to defend yourself against me?

I say yes--on a self-defense basis.

The Church doesn't give a complete "green light" to abortion in cases of rape or incest--the decision should still only be arrived at carefully and through prayer. But if carrying the product of rape or incest will cause additional severe and lasting physical or emotional trauma on the woman, I think she is arguably within her rights to terminate the pregnancy on that same basis of self-defense.