Confused about missionaries

KatrinaC

The only 'socializing' that they do would be at Ward/Stake functions. Such as a Ward Pot Luck. They will have plenty of time to date when they are finished with their mission.

Missionaries SHOULD be totally focused on their work and the best ones are. The closer they follow the mission rules the more productive they can be. When they don't follow the rules they let themselves in for all sorts of trouble. No time .... no troubel!

Unless they come to my place to say Hi and the next 30 minutes is spent talking about paintball (and a little bit of church stuff). :) They didn't seem to mind.

Hey, the missionaries are supposed to connect on a personal level to those they teach, right? If they're just getting to know you better in order to better apply the lessons to your unique situation, I guess it helps. Although... "the plan of salvation is like a game of paintball" might be a bit of a stretch. :P

Edited by LittleWyvern
grammar fail!

Hey, the missionaries are supposed to connect on a personal level to those they teach, right? If they're just getting to know you better in order to better apply the lessons to your unique situation, I guess it helps. Although... "the plan of salvation is like a game of paintball" might be a bit of a stretch.

They don't come to teach, just say Hi and maybe pass on some Church news. They've stopped by 3 times in the last 4 months and my husband's been home everytime. So he tells them why he's not Mormon and how the church was rammed down his throat as a child/teenager (his perception of growing up) and then they connect on paintball. All 3 visits the senior missionary has been constant (Elder Peterson - he's from Idaho and he goes home in July/2009) but his companions have all changed. Sometimes we talk about family (two nephews are planning on missions), or the weather, or Prop 8, etc. There's always something to talk about. :) Edited by Maureen