Schinlders Stoop Low - Again

Snow

Nothing the Schindlers do should suprize me but they continue to demonstate poor taste and bad judgement:

The parents of Terri Schiavo have authorized a conservative direct-mailing firm to sell a list of their financial supporters, making it likely that thousands of strangers moved by her plight will receive a steady stream of solicitations from anti-abortion and conservative groups.

"These compassionate pro-lifers donated toward Bob Schindler's legal battle to keep Terri's estranged husband from removing the feeding tube from Terri," says a description of the list on the Web site of the firm, Response Unlimited, which is asking $150 a month for 6,000 names and $500 a month for 4,000 e-mail addresses of people who responded last month to an e-mail plea from Ms. Schiavo's father. "These individuals are passionate about the way they value human life, adamantly oppose euthanasia and are pro-life in every sense of the word!"

Privacy experts said the sale of the list was legal and even predictable, if ghoulish.

Yup, I posted a link to that in the other thread (where I have no empathy, yanno?).

This, and the other link, testimony to the ghoulish ends they would go to to keep Terri trapped in that sad shell, has made me lose any possible respect I had for the Schindlers, even as grieving parents.

Well, this and the fact that they sold themselves out to a bunch of truly nutball right wing fundies who are using and will use them to push their own agendas, as they laugh behind their hands about the Schindler's being abominable idolators headed straight for H-E- double hockey sticks.

As someone who has had to make the decision they could not, I am sickened.

Guest curvette

Man you guys are harsh! I'm glad you won't be my judge when I die. You're intelligent enough to research this and get the facts. Mr. Schindler didn't sell the list of supporters. He was approached recently by some marketing guy who offered to solicit donations to Terri's fund by email. I doubt Mr. Schindler even really realized the ramifications. If anyone in this scenario is "slime", it's the Response, Unlimited corp. for capitalizing on a family's grief, and the press who love to stir things up.

Originally posted by curvette@Mar 31 2005, 08:58 PM

If anyone in this scenario is "slime", it's the Response, Unlimited corp. for capitalizing on a family's grief, and the press who love to stir things up.

Not that this isn't an excellent point, or that the Schlindlers may well NOT have realized the ramifications, but, you know, they would have been in a much better position, and would have come off, IMO, as looking a lot better than they do if they had gone with the court rulings years ago and refrained from turning their daughter's death, and her life, into a three ring circus.

Plus, I posted in the other thread, a statement from one of those previous court procedings that detailed to what ends the Schlindlers would do to keep Terri "alive".

Those people are just NOT right in the head, sorry.

Originally posted by curvette@Mar 31 2005, 06:58 PM

Man you guys are harsh! I'm glad you won't be my judge when I die. You're intelligent enough to research this and get the facts.

Well, I read the SF Chronicle, the New York Times and WKMG in Central Florida. While it is possible that the three of them conspired with Michael Schiavo to first, attempt murder on Terri 15 years ago and now to paint the Schindlers as nut cases... I kinda doubt it.

Regardless of what their purpose was or what semantics are used, they sold the list.

Executives of Response Unlimited declined to comment. Gary McCullough, director of the Christian Communication Network and a spokesman for Ms. Schiavo's parents, confirmed that Mr. Schindler had agreed to let Response Unlimited rent out the list as part of a deal for the firm to send an e-mail solicitation raising money on the family's behalf.

Statement of the Schindler Family

For Immediate Release ¡¦03-31-05 4.45 PM (GMT-5)

Statement of the Schindler Family

Pinellas Park, FL ¡¦As you are aware, Terri is now with God and she has been released from all earthly burdens. After these recent years of neglect at the hands of those who were supposed to protect and care for her, she is finally at peace with God for eternity. We are speaking on behalf of our entire family this evening as we share some thoughts and messages to the world regarding our sister and the courageous battle that was waged to save her life from starvation and dehydration.

We have a message for the volunteers that have helped our family:

Thank you for all that you¡Çve done for our family. Thank you to the hundreds of doctors who volunteered to help Terri. Thank you to the fifty doctors who provided statements under oath to help Terri. Thank you to the lawyers who stood for Terri¡Çs life in the courtrooms of our nation. From running our family¡Çs website, to driving us around, to making meals, to serving in so many ways thank you to all of the volunteers who have been so kind to our family through all of this.

We have a message for the supporters and people praying worldwide:

Please continue to pray that God gives grace to our family as we go through this very difficult time. We know that many of you never had the privilege to personally know our wonderful sister, Terri, but we assure you that you can be proud of this remarkable woman who has captured the attention of the world. Following the example of the Lord Jesus, our family abhors any violence or any threats of violence. Threatening words dishonor our faith, our family, and our sister, Terri. We would ask that all those who support our family be completely kind in their words and deeds toward others.

We have a message to the media:

We appreciate your taking Terri¡Çs case to the nation. Please afford our family privacy to grieve at this time. The patience and graciousness of the on-site media here at hospice has been deeply appreciated by our family.

We have a message to the many government officials who tried to help Terri:

Thank you for all that you¡Çve done. Our family will be forever grateful to all of the outstanding public servants who have tried to save Terri.

We have a message to all of the religious leaders who tried to help Terri:

Thank you to all people of faith who demonstrated love for Terri and strength of conviction to defend the sacredness of all human life as a precious gift from God.

Our family is highly honored that the Holy Father, Pope John Paul II, would speak out so boldly on behalf of our sister, Terri.

We have a message of forgiveness:

Throughout this ordeal, we are reminded of the words of Jesus on the cross: Father forgive them for they know not what they do.¡¦ Our family seeks forgiveness for anything that we have done in standing for Terri¡Çs life that has not demonstrated the love and compassion required of us by our faith.

We have a message to parents worldwide:

Our family would encourage parents to spend time with their children and to cherish each and every moment of each and every day with them as a precious gift from God.

We have a message to Terri from her family:

As a member of our family unable to speak for yourself, you spoke loudly. As a member of our family unable to stand under your own power, you stood with a grace and a dignity that made your family proud. Terri, we love you dearly, but we know that God loves you more than we do. We must accept your untimely death as God¡Çs will.

Terri, your life and legacy will continue to live on, as the nation is now awakened to the plight of thousands of voiceless people with disabilities that were previously unnoticed. Your family intends to stand up for the other Terri¡Çs¡¦around this nation and we will do all that we can to change the law so others won¡Çt face the same fate that has befallen you.

We have a final thought to share:

Our family had hoped this day would never come, but as it has now arrived, we ask ourselves a question in these incredibly sad circumstances: What would the Lord Jesus ask us to do in a moment like this? In John¡Çs Gospel, Jesus responded to the questions of the rabbis, who asked why a man had been born blind. He said: It is so that the works of God might be made manifest through him.¡¦

God¡Çs plan for Terri is unfolding before our eyes. Our prayer at this time is that our Nation will remember the plight of persons with disabilities and commit within our hearts to defend their lives and their dignity for many generations to come.

Still? Why would Michael use the money meant for Terri's rehab to pay his high powered, right to death attorney, to kill her? I know there will be the Michael supporters that will say that that is what Terri wanted but, his actions have placed much doubt on that.

Why did he wait until he had her rehab money in the bank before he brought that up?

Sure he was the dutiful husband until he had that money and then he remembered that she wanted to die.

To my knowledge, the people who recall Terri's dying wishes have the last name of Shiavo and Terri was unable to speak for herself.

Michael has been fighting to have Terri's wishes granted ever since he has received that money.

One can only second guess why the Schindlers made this decision given the state they were in. Hopefully the reason will emerge soon and the speculation will cease.

Originally posted by curvette@Mar 31 2005, 08:58 PM

Man you guys are harsh! I'm glad you won't be my judge when I die. You're intelligent enough to research this and get the facts. Mr. Schindler didn't sell the list of supporters. He was approached recently by some marketing guy who offered to solicit donations to Terri's fund by email. I doubt Mr. Schindler even really realized the ramifications. If anyone in this scenario is "slime", it's the Response, Unlimited corp. for capitalizing on a family's grief, and the press who love to stir things up.

Bull roar!

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Apr 1 2005, 07:10 AM

Still? Why would Michael use the money meant for Terri's rehab to pay his high powered, right to death attorney, to kill her? I know there will be the Michael supporters that will say that that is what Terri wanted but, his actions have placed much doubt on that.

Why did he wait until he had her rehab money in the bank before he brought that up?

Sure he was the dutiful husband until he had that money and then he remembered that she wanted to die.

To my knowledge, the people who recall Terri's dying wishes have the last name of Shiavo and Terri was unable to speak for herself.

Michael has been fighting to have Terri's wishes granted ever since he has received that money.

One can only second guess why the Schindlers made this decision given the state they were in. Hopefully the reason will emerge soon and the speculation will cease.

I think the husband had the right to get a lawyer if he was the responsible party. Which he was. He was doing what he felt he should do and used the means to take care of Terri with that money even if it meant taking care of her by releasing her from that dispicable shell of a body.

I see no compromise in ethics to use the money for Terri's care here. It was for benefiting her the best way he could.

Guest JRodan
Originally posted by Amillia+Apr 1 2005, 09:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amillia @ Apr 1 2005, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JRodan@Apr 1 2005, 09:33 AM

I blame Sierra November Oscar Whiskey for this.  Some pots should not be stirred with such vigor.

And some should!

But not this one...

Originally posted by JRodan+Apr 1 2005, 09:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JRodan @ Apr 1 2005, 09:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Amillia@Apr 1 2005, 09:37 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--JRodan@Apr 1 2005, 09:33 AM

I blame Sierra November Oscar Whiskey for this.  Some pots should not be stirred with such vigor.

And some should!

But not this one...

Who says?

Guest JRodan
Originally posted by Amillia+Apr 1 2005, 09:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amillia @ Apr 1 2005, 09:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -JRodan@Apr 1 2005, 09:39 AM

And some should!

But not this one...

Who says?

Hmmmmm, me?

Originally posted by JRodan+Apr 1 2005, 09:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JRodan @ Apr 1 2005, 09:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Amillia@Apr 1 2005, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by -JRodan@Apr 1 2005, 09:39 AM

And some should!

But not this one...

Who says?

Hmmmmm, me?

And you would be? (authority please)

Originally posted by Amillia@Apr 1 2005, 09:36 AM

I think the husband had the right to get a lawyer if he was the responsible party. Which he was. He was doing what he felt he should do and used the means to take care of Terri with that money even if it meant taking care of her by releasing her from that dispicable shell of a body.

I see no compromise in ethics to use the money for Terri's care here. It was for benefiting her the best way he could.

I find it very hard to believe that Terri was just a shell. I also believe that is why I believe that she was murdered because she was "in there".

The rest you said about the money I disagree with but you are entitled to your opinion. :)

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Apr 1 2005, 09:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Apr 1 2005, 09:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@Apr 1 2005, 09:36 AM

I think the husband had the right to get a lawyer if he was the responsible party. Which he was. He was doing what he felt he should do and used the means to take care of Terri with that money even if it  meant taking care of her by releasing her from that dispicable shell of a body.

I find it very hard to believe that Terri was just a shell. I also believe that is why I believe that she was murdered because she was "in there".

The rest you said about the money I disagree with but you are entitled to your opinion. :)

D'ats O tay! :D;)

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Apr 1 2005, 08:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Apr 1 2005, 08:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JRodan@Apr 1 2005, 09:33 AM

Dare I ask what this means? ;)

I blame S... N... O... W... for this.