Pound Of Flesh

Dawn,

I am not sure why you would want to take this public other than to try to exact your "pound of flesh" from me...but here ya go.

First, if you read my email to Mike you would have noticed that I was trying to right a wrong. If I were "out to get you" as you say...seems to me to be an odd way of going about it dont ya think?

I received a very curt and smart-alek email from him telling me at length about how he had just "gone through the records" and noticed that I had been banned from the board two yrs ago. He then got on a soapbox telling me how there has NEVER been anyone reinstated that had been previously banned and that this termination was final and not to bother with trying to get another account.

Well, then you mention that you had been banned and reinstated. Well, shoot me if you must...but after learning that and rereading his post and the tone of it...well it P'd me off to be honest. I hate being lied to and to be jerked around. If the guy caved to pressure from someone that had an issue with me...tell me, but dont give me all that other crap.

So...I called him on it. I did mention that you had told me that you had been banned once before from that board and had been reinstated. I just wanted him to know that he had zero credibility and that his board operated with a double standard and was exclusionary.

I apologize for mentioning your name, although...in order for my accusation to have any credibility...I had to show him that what I was saying was the truth.

You were banned and then reinstated for the reasons you stated. Again..if one is a member of a Restoration branch they at least get an opportunity to plead their case. The rest of us just get the boot with no explanation or opportunity to appeal...and that rots.

Ok...there ya go. The floor is yours.....have at it!

I wanted to do it here because here is where you wronged me.

Do you know what you have done? You took something that was confidential and threw it up in someone's face. If I had known that you were going to do that, I would never have told you what I did.

You also robbed me of the only significant contact with people who believe like me that I have. I am not fortunate enough to live where there are thousands or hundreds (or even tens) of people who share my faith. I have no one. And now, thanks to you, I can't even have contact with others who live significant distances away but who were willing to share a bit with others less fortunate on the internet.

So, in order for you to have the satisfaction of proving a point, you had to rob me of the only type of fellowship that I have available to me. You should have thought about what your pride would do to someone else's life.

I really hope that you feel the need to talk to your bishop before the next time you take communion, because you offered me no reason for me to forgive you.

Originally posted by Jenda@Apr 15 2005, 08:03 AM

I wanted to do it here because here is where you wronged me.

Do you know what you have done? You took something that was confidential and threw it up in someone's face. If I had known that you were going to do that, I would never have told you what I did.

You also robbed me of the only significant contact with people who believe like me that I have. I am not fortunate enough to live where there are thousands or hundreds (or even tens) of people who share my faith. I have no one. And now, thanks to you, I can't even have contact with others who live significant distances away but who were willing to share a bit with others less fortunate on the internet.

So, in order for you to have the satisfaction of proving a point, you had to rob me of the only type of fellowship that I have available to me. You should have thought about what your pride would do to someone else's life.

I really hope that you feel the need to talk to your bishop before the next time you take communion, because you offered me no reason for me to forgive you.

Yell as you wish Jenda, but you did give information out here, and didn't make it known that you wanted it to be kept private ~ which is a joke if you think about it ~ I mean you did put it on a PUBLIC forum!!! I even read it.

And I wouldn't want to associate with scum that cut people off just for stupid things and didn't have an ounce of understanding or forgiveness in their hearts.

Are they all exalted already or something? If so, why don't they show an increase of love, after reproving with sharpness?... as the scriptures teach?

You all have shown a very low character in this experience ~

Amilia, Randy was banned from that board before, and as such, should not have been so up in arms when he was banned again. He also knew the rules of no tolerance when he agreed to join. When I "passed out" that information, he and I were the only ones who knew which board we were talking about, knew who the parties involved were, etc. It was as if the information was given out in private because everyone here knowing it had no bearing. I posted that information in good faith, thinking that it would be kept between us. At the very least, he should have asked before using it. And he only used it for prideful things. He is the one who showed low character in this situation.

I have taken the issue up with the other person involved, also. Not just Randy.

Originally posted by ExMormon-Jason@Apr 15 2005, 10:41 AM

"...forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us..." -Jesus

Yes. I realize that I am very angry and am posting in haste, and I, also, will need to seek Randy's forgiveness in the matter.

Originally posted by Jenda+Apr 15 2005, 12:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Apr 15 2005, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ExMormon-Jason@Apr 15 2005, 10:41 AM

"...forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us..."  -Jesus

Yes. I realize that I am very angry and am posting in haste, and I, also, will need to seek Randy's forgiveness in the matter.

Dawn,

Just a couple of thoughts here..

1) YOU do not owe me an apology whatsoever! You are right in being angry and upset with me.

2) Given the fact that the Owner/Moderator talked to you personally about the facts of your case...and made a judgement that allowed you to be reinstated...it did come as a shock that he did an "about face" and banned you again for no reason whatsoever, other than the fact that he had reinstated you AFTER discussing it with you at length.

3) I will continue to email him and try to get him to see his mistake and the harm that he is doing.

4) I did let my pride, hurt and anger get in the way when I sent that post to him. It's just that I hate feeling as if I am being manipulated or being singled out for no apparent reason other than that I disagree with most on that board.

Dawn, I have always admired you, and have respected your honest and straightforward manner! I still do! I did not expect anything less in these posts...and I wouldve been kinda disappointed if you wouldnt have spoken your mind.

I do apologize for mentioning your name...and I will do what I can to help get this resolved.

I will always consider you a good friend.

randy

Randy, you somehow have gotten the mistaken impression that I pleaded my case before anyone the previous time. I did absolutely nothing. He banned me and the other girl without even looking at the exchange that was complained about. It wasn't until he looked at it a few days later that he realized that I was doing all I could to not participate in the discussion and was being goaded into answering. It was his error, and he rectified it by re-instating me. I did not plead my case, or ask to have it reinstated. In fact, I did not say one word to him. He did everything he did on his own.

I am sure you were singled out, Randy. There are some very conservative 'oldsters' that lurk there that don't like to see anything out of the ordinary there. I am kind of surprised Steve has lasted as long as he has, in fact. Anyway, I was not on the board much for a few days around the time in question, so I don't know if you said anything that could be considered particularly offensive, or if someone just didn't like the LDS view being propounded so loudly in connection with the Remnant being so strongly favored (a position you seem to take.) I was surprised, like I said, about you being banned, and I had e-mailed Everett and he thought it was interesting you were banned, he thought you kept the threads challenging, but never thought you crossed the line.

I'm sorry that that action was taken against you.

Originally posted by Jenda@Apr 16 2005, 06:48 AM

I am sure you were singled out, Randy. There are some very conservative 'oldsters' that lurk there that don't like to see anything out of the ordinary there. I am kind of surprised Steve has lasted as long as he has, in fact. Anyway, I was not on the board much for a few days around the time in question, so I don't know if you said anything that could be considered particularly offensive, or if someone just didn't like the LDS view being propounded so loudly in connection with the Remnant being so strongly favored (a position you seem to take.) I was surprised, like I said, about you being banned, and I had e-mailed Everett and he thought it was interesting you were banned, he thought you kept the threads challenging, but never thought you crossed the line.

Dawn,

Yes...I misunderstood the situation. In light of this new and correct information...it makes his action against you now even more grievous and offensive...at least IMO.

He just seems to go off half-cocked all the time, making making rash judgements...taking other peoples word for things that he just simply should not do.

Dawn, like I have said....I have always admired you. You are strong and steadfast in your beliefs...and I admire and respect that very much. I always knew where I stood with you.

My good friend...I do apologize for this mess. I hope the Moderator will review what has happened and do the right thing. I truly am sorry for what has happened....I really am. The only thing I can do is to try to help resolve it.

Dawn...I hope you can forgive me....and I truly hope we can continue to be good friends and go forward from this with even a stronger friendship.

Take care...and God bless you Dawn!

Originally posted by Randy Johnson+Apr 16 2005, 02:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Randy Johnson @ Apr 16 2005, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Apr 16 2005, 06:48 AM

I am sure you were singled out, Randy.  There are some very conservative 'oldsters' that lurk there that don't like to see anything out of the ordinary there.  I am kind of surprised Steve has lasted as long as he has, in fact.  Anyway, I was not on the board much for a few days around the time in question, so I don't know if you said anything that could be considered particularly offensive, or if someone just didn't like the LDS view being propounded so loudly in connection with the Remnant being so strongly favored (a position you seem to take.)  I was surprised, like I said, about you being banned, and I had e-mailed Everett and he thought it was interesting you were banned, he thought you kept the threads challenging, but never thought you crossed the line.

Dawn,

Yes...I misunderstood the situation. In light of this new and correct information...it makes his action against you now even more grievous and offensive...at least IMO.

He just seems to go off half-cocked all the time, making making rash judgements...taking other peoples word for things that he just simply should not do.

Dawn, like I have said....I have always admired you. You are strong and steadfast in your beliefs...and I admire and respect that very much. I always knew where I stood with you.

My good friend...I do apologize for this mess. I hope the Moderator will review what has happened and do the right thing. I truly am sorry for what has happened....I really am. The only thing I can do is to try to help resolve it.

Dawn...I hope you can forgive me....and I truly hope we can continue to be good friends and go forward from this with even a stronger friendship.

Take care...and God bless you Dawn!

Something that I have learned in life is that friendship is more important than almost anything else. That board is just a board. You are a friend, and that is more important. I hope that you can forgive my anger over the matter.

Randy, last night I got an email from Mike stating he reinstated my account (which is really surprising since I blasted him, too. :o (This was not a good weekend for me (I think I blasted everyone.)) Again, I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Originally posted by Jenda@Apr 18 2005, 05:51 AM

Randy, last night I got an email from Mike stating he reinstated my account (which is really surprising since I blasted him, too. :o (This was not a good weekend for me (I think I blasted everyone.)) Again, I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Dear Dawn,

I forgive you! And I hope you do the same for me.

Mike forwarded an email to me showing his response to you. I am happy that he did the right thing.

All is well again!

randy

Originally posted by Randy Johnson+Apr 18 2005, 06:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Randy Johnson @ Apr 18 2005, 06:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Apr 18 2005, 05:51 AM

Randy, last night I got an email from Mike stating he reinstated my account (which is really surprising since I blasted him, too.  :o  (This was not a good weekend for me (I think I blasted everyone.))  Again, I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Dear Dawn,

I forgive you! And I hope you do the same for me.

Mike forwarded an email to me showing his response to you. I am happy that he did the right thing.

All is well again!

randy

<span style=\'color:red\'>B<span style=\'color:purple\'>E<span style=\'color:orange\'>A<span style=\'color:green\'>U<span style=\'color:blue\'>T<span style=\'color:red\'>I<span style=\'color:purple\'>F<span style=\'color:orange\'>U<span style=\'color:green\'>L :D </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>