How Are Things Going?

Heather

Usually when I don't hear anything, that means the site is going pretty good. I'm lucky that there are such good monitors willing to keep the site up to par. It seems that every time I get a reported posted, it has already been removed when I log in to remove it. Without these monitors and admin, there is no way this site could still be up and running. Thank you so much for that!

I am in the process of getting a business rolling online, and with a precocious 8 month old, it doesn't leave much time for anything (as I'm sure you all can imagine.) I will still try to pop in more often. (Although I would gather 90% of the users now don't even know who I am anymore :P) If there ever is any problems you need to me address, the best way to contact me is through email ([email protected] works.)

That's too bad that things have really slowed down. I guess that can be both a good and bad thing. Thanks for the encouragment begood2. I have been doing video/photo transfers to DVD for sometime now, but I'm finally getting the ball rolling on the internet, so we'll see how it goes.

Heather that is awesome! I am in the process of having that done by my neighbor. We have done plenty of video recordings but alas the only copies we have are on the original film for the camera. Will you be adding music and doing editing etc?

Strawberry, yes I do all those kind of things. I recently did a transfer of a graduation video for someone who wanted it spruced up a bit, so I included slices of Snow white snoring during the graduation ceremony, added background music, text comments, all that fun stuff. Most people I've done videos for are just interested in getting their videos and photos transferred to DVD. I use to be a big scrapbooker, but to me this is much better way to preserve the memories.

What kinds of things is your neighbor doing? It's a fun business to get into, and keeps me busy, but still lets me stay at home. I setup a website for mine earlier this year, dvdmemories.info if you want to look at it and give any suggestions.

So glad to hear you're doing it. It's heartbreaking to see some of these VHS tapes come in that are just a mess cause they've been played over and over or just sitting on the shelf for 20 years. Although, some of the videos from the same time period look like they could've been filmed yesterday. Must be the quality of the media and care of the tape I suppose.

Heather~ This is a great site....thank you for keeping it up for us!

I think that everyone has to keep in mind that those who have obligations in their everyday lives may not have the extra time to comment or answer every thread on the board.

I loved SF's Roll Call thread just to have everyone check in and say hi..... I thought it was a grand idea!