White house to delay budget update

mlbrowninwa

Of course it is. Our government officials are honest forthright representatives of "We The People" and would never lie to us, would they? After all, the majority of the voters wanted change and voted for the candidate of their choice who would bring change.

So, how is all this change working out for "We The People"? :rolleyes:

the only thing I hate about the church is how one sided the people seem to be when it comes to politics...it really does make me sick

Don't know about the rest of the church, but I am far from one sided when it comes to politics. I vote for and support who I think can best do the job, and in this case I didn't vote for either one of them, Bush(well did once-really dislike Kerry) or Obama, but I did vote!! I was just as vocal when Bush was in office as I am now. The politicians on both sides of the isle got us into this mess, and everything that is being proposed and put in action is not and will not help correct the problem. I supported 0% of the bailouts put in place by Bush and I support 0% of them under Obama. Right now, it just so happens that Obama is spending much more money.

Keep printing money..... NO WE CAN'T!!

Edited by mlbrowninwa
voting history correction

Political debate is great when you check your emotions at the door.

Political debate is great when both sides do not constrain themselves by party affiliation and keep their minds open.

Political debate is great when you don't mix it with religion except for a moral compass (e.g. quoting scripture in a political debate makes it really tricky, especially if both parties do not have the same religious affiliation!)

Political debate is great if the object of the exercise is to present a "better" idea instead of using it to lambast the other.

Political debate is great if both parties actually know what they're talking about instead of just parrotting somebody else's ideas, using somebody else's arguments, without bothering to do a modicum of research into the matter.

Political debate is great if both parties actually KNOW how to debate.

Nothing is more frustrating than the following argument:

Debater 1: I believe that banning the ownership of pet monkeys is not a good solution to the danger imposed by a non-domesticated mammal. Instead, I propose that installing a permit process is a better alternative. It gives people the option to educate themselves about pet monkeys and eventually own one as a pet if they still desire to keep one.

Debater 2: So, you're going to let people own Giraffes too?

Debater 1: Sure, if they can learn enough about giraffes to know how to care for one and still desire to have one, and pass a permit process.

Debater 2: That's just ridiculous. Nobody should own a giraffe!

See, in that debate... debater 1 presented an idea, debater 2 is not value-added. All debater 2 is doing is increasing frustration levels without putting forth any added value to the table. And, in addition, debater 2 completely took the conversation out of pet monkeys onto giraffes, which may be relevant when the argument progresses, but not at this time when they still haven't gone on the first step of the debate over pet monkeys.

Another example:

Debater 1: I believe that consumption taxation is far superior than income taxation.

Debater 2: You're just a right-wing conservative who caters to the rich.

Right then and there, the debate is over. Without any value added, without any discussion to the merits of income taxation and consumption taxation. Just a waste of space.

It is exhilirating to debate ideologies. It is one way to expand your understanding. One way to learn. One way to gain experience. One way to better a political system. One way to exercise respect for your fellowmen. One step to compromise.