2 Nephi 6:6

pam

Reference Search: 2 Nephi 6:6

6 And now, these are the words: Thus saith the Lord God: Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people; and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

Quotes for Discussion

As the newly formed nation of Israel journeyed from Egypt to Palestine, each tribe was assigned its position in the order of march and in the place of encampment. As ranks were formed, a representative of each tribe would raise a standard or banner on a pole around which the tribes could rally and quickly find their places. (Numbers 2.) This standard or ensign which was the ancient rallying point for Israel provides an excellent symbol for the gospel to which the lost and disordered tribes of Israel will return in the latter days. The promise that the Lord would again set up his standard among the people is the promise that the gospel will be restored and that Israel will rally to it.

R. Millet and J. F. McConkie, Doctrinal Commentary on the Book of Mormon, 1:229

This Church is the standard which Isaiah said the Lord would set up for the people in the latter days.

Marion G. Romney, in Conference Report, April 1961, 119