No Respecter of Persons

bmarks92

Here is something I've been trying to figure out for a long time... They say that God is no respecter of persons. I believe that there is "truth", and that the gospel is part of that truth. So why does it seem that God and the gospel work differently for different people? If no person is more important than another, what makes the difference of how he intervenes in one life and not another?

For example...we've all heard stories about someone that was about to take their life, but someone was inspired to call, to stop by, to talk to them, or something happened to make it so that they did not follow through. But what about the person that has no intervention? No one calls, no one stops by? Is their life any less important than the first example? If not, why does Heavenly Father put someone there to help the first, and not the second? You can't say it was "their time", because that's an unnatural death...

Or another example...two faithful families. Both full tithe payers and try their best to live the gospel. Both husbands lose their jobs. They both pound the pavement, pray for guidance, and do all they can to find new employment. One is successful and the other family is not, loses their home, and has very hard times for years to come.

Why does one person get the blessings while others are left alone?:confused:

What is our core desire and spiritual maturity before GOD is the given answer…

Talking with my friend, who is currently serving as a Stake President, he asked the same question. I mention to him, we all have the same opportunity to seek what is given in 2nd Peter chapter 1. As Saints who continuing make excuses or even shun those Saints who have achieved this apex state of life, by using the Lord’s parable out of content concerning the ‘talent’ and provide disputation that we cannot be expected to reach the same state as Joseph Smith or former Saints since Adam. This my friend is false teaching. Went on to state, some will reach it faster than others. Some may not reach it until the next life for various reasons known unto GOD. Even after we serve with all diligent as you indicated, there is still a flaw in our character [soul] that still prevents us in receiving such grandeur truths.

Those who received such eternal splendors, they are not without allowable trials or tribulations. If I could paraphrase a statement made by the Savior to Joseph Smith in the D&C, “…my people are tried in all things, if not, they are not mind.” We are allowed these trials of fire in seeing what would be our disposition of such affects. Some may last a short time while others may last a lifetime, as with the lives of both the Savior and Joseph Smith [in seeking a greater reward].

It beckons me to ask, would we still lift souls out of darkness when our economic life around us fails? Would we still continue in building the kingdom of GOD when harass by those considered members of the church, including those who sit in leadership position [the parable by the Savior, Wheat and the Tares]? Would we still seek comfort with the Godhead when those befriend us?

As I already stated in previous posts, as we received the fullness of the Priesthood, it should be our final desire to seek the face of the Godhead. We still cannot enter into the highest order of Celestial Kingdom unless we follow what Peter and Joseph Smith alluded too in seeking answers of the three basic divine keys. Preparation in this life and receiving such will be no different from what Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob already received – moving on in the eternal schema of our divine journey.

Let us not forget my friend; it is in the Godhead divine nature to love us for what we are. Even if we are filled with mortal flaws, character weakness, as long we seek their divine light and keep repenting unto perfection. It is more so, for those who are obedient and do HIS ‘will’ with humility and pure charity of Christ as former prophets stated. As it is in GOD’s interest to show HIS love for you as a divine parent, where you can recognize it and thus be added to your spiritual edification.

Let you know, GOD will always have a ministering Spirit to your beckoning call, in aiding you during crisis. We need simply to open our spiritual eyes to recognize it and give gratitude when it does occur.

I am always grateful and do give a solemn praise to my friend, who serves as the Holy Ghost. When He makes His presence known unto the smallest event, that may be a simple Sacramental innovational prayer to an answer for a youth question. As I always show my gratitude daily to my divine parents for my mortal existence and what is allotted to me in this life and what is to come.

In doing so, I do seek now on a daily basis to pray always for those Saints who use us, our enemies who despise us, even those who befriended us, that they may also, be lifted out of darkness to the eternal light of GOD.

Last, if we are held back in receiving those personal grandeur events, there is still something amiss in our life that needs to be evaluated and corrected. If we cannot see it, have the faith in asking GOD to reveal it. Do not doubt what GOD can do for Joseph Smith, HE cannot also do for you. Even those considered non-consequential among us, may already receive such, even to the point of receiving divine honor from GOD HIMSELF.

Edited by Hemidakota