Do You REALLY Know? Nope.

Snow

Wow. Ten pages is pretty long for a discussion that purports to be wholly about semantics.

Frankly, it is 10 pages of one side having to be right and the other acknowledging there are other possibilities and answers. But, hey, that is what most of these types of posts are.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps some of the confusion could be cleared if everyone (dis)agreed if it is possible to know for a surety whether God exists or not?

A person's level of faith may be debatable to others, but theoreticals can be instructive. If a person saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, in Their glory, would that be enough for them to know that God exists?

I think the simple answer is 'yes'. What do you guys think?

I wholly concur. Similarly, I would venture to guess that we can pretty much agree that most people who say they "know", probably don't.

But to roundly insist that "nobody" knows--and to directly challenge someone's claim of "knowledge" even though one has no idea of what experiences underpin such a claim--would seem to suggest (to me, anyways) that one has deeper concerns than just a fanatical devotion to proper usage of the English language.