Hebrew Scholars Say

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Please+Sep 9 2005, 01:17 AM-->

Originally posted by Jason@Sep 9 2005, 01:10 AM

Making your own decisions in life can be scary.  It's not for everyone.

Yes it would be. But there was more. The further I went down the road you are currently traveling, the more I felt like I was going nowhere fast. I began to examine exactly why I was traveling the road, and a few other elements of my emotional and spiritual situation and realized I was reacting, rather than acting. I realized I was prideful and wanton. I was loosing everything I thought I was pursuing in my pursuit...

It was like watching the vapors of smoke disappear... that was how I felt my life and happiness was becoming... like whiffs of smoke disappearing into nothingness.

I began to repent and let go. I began at the beginning and started over where Alma said to start... with only the desire to believe. It was incredible the change and new life I received.

Originally posted by lindy9556@Sep 9 2005, 01:54 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Jason@Sep 9 2005, 12:10 AM

You are so right Jason...especially when you make the wrong decision, and you have to travel back the way you came from to take the right path.

Prayer isn't for everyone, faith in God isn't for everyone...but it makes me very sad to see you use deity and toilet paper in the same sentence......

when you spend enough time in that pit you are falling into.... we'll be here for you to help you out.

Please,

Im sorry you felt that way. Kinda like leaving home for the first time, some people freak out, while others explore.

Lindy,

I don't think Jehovah is a god anymore than Zeus or Osiris. It's all part of the man-made myths we've inherited. I have not profaned anything that will be offended. Im not in a pit sweetheart, Im taking the path less travelled.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason+Sep 9 2005, 10:04 AM-->

Originally posted by Please@Sep 9 2005, 01:17 AM

Originally posted by Jason@Sep 9 2005, 01:10 AM

Yes it would be. But there was more. The further I went down the road you are currently traveling, the more I felt like I was going nowhere fast. I began to examine exactly why I was traveling the road, and a few other elements of my emotional and spiritual situation and realized I was reacting, rather than acting. I realized I was prideful and wanton. I was loosing everything I thought I was pursuing in my pursuit...

It was like watching the vapors of smoke disappear... that was how I felt my life and happiness was becoming... like whiffs of smoke disappearing into nothingness.

I began to repent and let go. I began at the beginning and started over where Alma said to start... with only the desire to believe. It was incredible the change and new life I received.

Originally posted by lindy9556@Sep 9 2005, 01:54 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Jason@Sep 9 2005, 12:10 AM

You are so right Jason...especially when you make the wrong decision, and you have to travel back the way you came from to take the right path.

Prayer isn't for everyone, faith in God isn't for everyone...but it makes me very sad to see you use deity and toilet paper in the same sentence......

when you spend enough time in that pit you are falling into.... we'll be here for you to help you out.

Please,

Im sorry you felt that way. Kinda like leaving home for the first time, some people freak out, while others explore.

Lindy,

I don't think Jehovah is a god anymore than Zeus or Osiris. It's all part of the man-made myths we've inherited. I have not profaned anything that will be offended. Im not in a pit sweetheart, Im taking the path less travelled.

I don't think it is really all that less traveled, but I respect your right to take the path you have chosen. But I must say, Jehovah is a God, Zeus was a mythical representation of Jehovah as are all other gods who are created by people trying to run away from the one true God.

I haven't inherited anything but the right to receive the Holy Ghost. Through it can know what is in history that is of value and what is not. I can discern what is made up by men and what is made up by God.

It really is that simple.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Soulsearcher@Sep 9 2005, 10:40 AM

Now what do you say to people who have done this and feel the same as you did afterwards, but ended up in a different place.

I let go of my church, left behind a great deal of the thing i felt were holding me back in my life( both physical and spiritual) and i ended up an agnostic. I feel more at peace than i ever have and i see things much clearer than i once did.

There is always other paths off the main path at any given point. Going down the path to some extent and then going down a different one brings you to that different place, not staying on the same path.

I would think that if there were things in the church that were holding you back, you could find the basis for that within yourself, not in the church itself.

Also, running away from, rather than facing and conquering your problems does give you a peace both physical and spiritual, but as everything done by us here on the earth, without his church, will be only temporary.

You see clearly where you are, but don't see at all what could have been through the church if you had worked through your problems.

I respect your right to find peace in your own way, but I can't agree that it was because you worked your problems through; it was because you left them behind. They will eventually come back upon you mant fold.

Originally posted by Please@Sep 9 2005, 01:43 PM

I don't think it is really all that less traveled, but I respect your right to take the path you have chosen. But I must say, Jehovah is a God, Zeus was a mythical representation of Jehovah as are all other gods who are created by people trying to run away from the one true God.

And why must you say that? What evidence do you have that Jehovah is a god, whereas Baal is not?

I haven't inherited anything but the right to receive the Holy Ghost. Through it can know what is in history that is of value and what is not. I can discern what is made up by men and what is made up by God.

Luckly, I don't need the holy ghost to discern myth from reality. Fairy tales are fairy tales, and it doesn't matter how many people believe in them.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason+Sep 9 2005, 04:05 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Please@Sep 9 2005, 01:43 PM

And why must you say that? What evidence do you have that Jehovah is a god, whereas Baal is not?

Luckly, I don't need the holy ghost to discern myth from reality. Fairy tales are fairy tales, and it doesn't matter how many people believe in them.

Like I have said before it is only those who haven't received the comformation who denies the value of it and they are also the only ones who get confused about the difference between God and Baal. :o

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Soulsearcher@Sep 9 2005, 04:57 PM

I guess i should define left behind. 

I cast away the people and things holding me down.  There are somethings you can deal with and some you just leave behind.  I did both, and if you really want me to go back to the Catholic church and fight the demons i fought when i left all over again, then i am up for it.  I found my needs and thoughts bigger than the doctrine i was confined by, and sought to strike out on my own path. 

I don't seem to remember saying i ran away from anything, those were your words. I faced a lot of demons and a lot of trouble and i am much stronger now.  If i hadn't i would not be on this board. 

I will tell you that i was treated very poorly by my LDS family because i was the first and only catholic child born into the family.  I was cast out for that one reason and i was raised to think the only good mormon was a dead one.  In the past few years i grew and faced the challenges from my past and saw that it was only a small group of spiteful and closed minded people who hurt me and not the LDS community as a whole.  If i had just turned my back and walked away from my problem I'd most likely be a rabid anti and willing to cause great harm to peoples faith. 

In the end you can think what you want because that's all it is is, one persons thoughts.  I know i've fought my battles and over come more than a lot of people think.  I am where i need to be.  I am truly at peace and ready to accept all that comes at me.

Okay, well I don't really understand how you could be the first one born in an LDS family is the only one born catholic... how do you get born catholic in an LDS family?

Then you say it was taught to you that an only good mormon was a dead mormon? Who taught that to you among the mormon family?

Who were the closed minded people?

I'm sorry if I don't comprehend what you are trying to say.

But I do want you to know that I am all for your efforts to deal with whatever it is you are dealing with.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Soulsearcher@Sep 9 2005, 05:20 PM

I'll explain, i was a lil fuzzy on deatails.

My mother's family is all LDS and the side i am exposed to more often.  My mother married a catholic and it was decided i would be raised in my fathers faith.  THe LDS side was furious, and so i was neglected, shunned, and talked down to for many years. I couldn't understand why my grandmother and other family members disliked me so much until i was old enough to understand, and at that age my father, after many many years of being on the receiving end of the same treatment, explained it to me and was very blunt about his thoughts of such enlightened people.

I dealt with it and now my closest friends are LDS, i still deal with a few closed minds but i've learned that it really doesn't matter.  It's not about right or wrong, it's about being happy and able to live with your self.

And you miss read i wasn't first born, i was the first catholic born, slight difference.

Oh. Well that makes a lot more sense. I can't imagine a family, I don't care which church they belong to, treating a child like that.

I have never seen anything like that happen in my life time. Where are you from?

Originally posted by Please+Sep 9 2005, 05:05 PM-->

Originally posted by Jason@Sep 9 2005, 04:05 PM

Like I have said before it is only those who haven't received the comformation who denies the value of it and they are also the only ones who get confused about the difference between God and Baal. :o

We've been down this road so many times I just think I'll stop now. :rolleyes:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason+Sep 9 2005, 06:17 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Sep 9 2005, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by Jason@Sep 9 2005, 04:05 PM

Yeah. :dontknow:

We've been down this road so many times I just think I'll stop now. :rolleyes:

Yeah. :dontknow:

Originally posted by Jason@Sep 9 2005, 09:04 AM

Lindy,

I don't think Jehovah is a god anymore than Zeus or Osiris.  It's all part of the man-made myths we've inherited.  I have not profaned anything that will be offended.  Im not in a pit sweetheart, Im taking the path less travelled.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder Jason, but, I'm glad to hear you're not in that pit... however, the offer still remains if you get lost on that less travelled road. :)

Originally posted by Soulsearcher@Sep 9 2005, 04:54 PM

hmmmmm lets see, last time i spoke with that part of the family was at a funeral for someone who taught me that love first then faith.  THey told me now that this person was gone maybe i wouldn't be held back from the church any more, good ridance.

Needless to say I just don't bother with them any more.

That behaviour they display is terrible and mean, I agree with your 'good riddance' sentiment!