Muscle cars

thews

Just curious since I'm new... any other hot rod fans in here? My love of Pontiacs goes way back into the 70's, and while gas prices makes them dinosaurs, I still love to tinker. I have a few project cars and my baby, which is a 1969 Firebird Convert. Neat car that came with a green top from the factory.

Any other gearheads working on anything cool?

Just curious since I'm new... any other hot rod fans in here? My love of Pontiacs goes way back into the 70's, and while gas prices makes them dinosaurs, I still love to tinker. I have a few project cars and my baby, which is a 1969 Firebird Convert. Neat car that came with a green top from the factory.

Any other gearheads working on anything cool?

Well i used to be a gear head but if finally came down to paying the rent or buying stuff for the car. so i chose paying the rent; and as for pontiacs. i agree they can defintely be made very powerfull for drag, but suspention issues are a problem for the round track.:)

Well i used to be a gear head but if finally came down to paying the rent or buying stuff for the car. so i chose paying the rent; and as for pontiacs. i agree they can defintely be made very powerfull for drag, but suspention issues are a problem for the round track.:)

No kidding... prolly cause they weigh 2 tons... but they sound so pretty. One of the cool things about Pontiacs is the interiors IMO. I love red interiors. Chevy has some, but Mopars were pretty bland IMO. The Trans Am's that were built from 74 to 81 were wild with color... I love them. Nothing like a screaming chicken on the hood and a shaker popping through it.

Not a muscle car, but my picture here is my 'metal mistress', a 1968 Triumph TR250. Mine is not even close to this one, however. I'm trying to get the body done before it gets too cold here so that I can paint it and work on the engine and put the interior back in during the winter. May or may not make it. Gonna paint it Ford Mustang Yellow, with a black interior and am considering putting stripes on, either offset over the top of the car (hood to trunk) or dual stripes (same).

Had an opportunity about 4 years ago to buy a 1968 Mustang, the one that had 4 headlights and a fastback rear. Only $5500, and I had the money. But I already had my TR, I had a Miata and a Jeep that I was working on constantly, and I had no place to put it. I REALLY wanted the Mustang, and my wife's blessing besides! But I didn't buy it, and felt I shouldn't. I lost my job not too long afterwards, and so I think that I wasn't supposed to buy it, but still, in the back of my mind....

Cars RULE!

Edited by sixpacktr

I LOVE CARS. I'm going to miss my M3 so much when I leave.

Right now I have a Hellrot (bright red) 1998 E36 M3. Here's a large picture

It's not a muscle car, but boy I love it.

My friend, Mickey, has a rebuilt 1966 Mustang and it's GORGEOUS. along with that his dad has a 1951 Ford F100.

Posted Image

She sits on air bags and boy is that a fun car to be in.

I have fond memories of my 68 Mustang coupe. pd $500 in 85. pulled the 289, put in a 302 short block with the 289 heads ported and polished. Holley 4bbl Edelbrock Performer manifold, headers, dual exhaust, suspension kit with front and rear sway bars, drop coil springs, gas shocks, strut brace, 225/60-14 b.f. goodrich t/a's, gold paint with a purple pearl in it, hand painted pinstripes, clear coat, black vinyl top. killer kenwood with jbl speakers....alas, the calif CHP was fond of the income i generated for them.

I would love to have something to tinker with but my living situation wont allow it.:(

I was the same way. But one summer my wife and I were at my dad's and someone had a TR6 in their front lawn for sale and my wife said 'you could buy something like that if you wanted to to work on'. I was dumbfounded because I'd wanted something but couldn't get the blessing. But, being a guy, and knowing that blessings from the better half have a shelf life of about 2 hours, I found my TR250 in about 2 weeks and then drove 12 hours each way to go get it. That way she couldn't change her mind!

The time will come when you can get one. Then you get to buy tools!

My dream is to have a gt 500 but its not about the model of the car. It MUST have a 427 cammer. I have wanted one of those engines since highschool. It'll probably have to be a kit but I could careless cause I'll drive it like it was meant to be driven. Yes, I wanted an "eleanor" BEFORE the movie came out.

Not a muscle car, but my picture here is my 'metal mistress', a 1968 Triumph TR250. Mine is not even close to this one, however. I'm trying to get the body done before it gets too cold here so that I can paint it and work on the engine and put the interior back in during the winter. May or may not make it. Gonna paint it Ford Mustang Yellow, with a black interior and am considering putting stripes on, either offset over the top of the car (hood to trunk) or dual stripes (same).

Had an opportunity about 4 years ago to buy a 1968 Mustang, the one that had 4 headlights and a fastback rear. Only $5500, and I had the money. But I already had my TR, I had a Miata and a Jeep that I was working on constantly, and I had no place to put it. I REALLY wanted the Mustang, and my wife's blessing besides! But I didn't buy it, and felt I shouldn't. I lost my job not too long afterwards, and so I think that I wasn't supposed to buy it, but still, in the back of my mind....

Cars RULE!

I owned a Datsun 1600 roadster years ago (I've had more cars than I can count) but I sold this one before the engine was running. I really dig the older Triumphs and considered buying one, but the bodies were too torn up to make it worth it. The main thing about these old cars is the body. If it's rusted, you'll have $10K worth of bodywork and many hours of labor to get it worthy of paint.

I currently have a 66 Mustang that I'll be selling in a few months. It's got a 200 straight 6, 4 lugs, manual brakes and steering. It's a pretty car though and was a black plate California car, so it has zero rust. Owned by a granpa, white with a blue interior it's all original. I'm not a Ford guy and this car was too good of a deal to pass up, but it's sat on the side of my house for the last 8 years. The older cars with manula brakes and steering are outdated for a kids car, plus the seatbelts don't have shoulder straps.

yup, 'cancer' is always the issue, isn't it? Luckily, mine was an Oklahoma car, no rust whatsoever, but it had been in a front end crash and while the body work done was okay, it altered the front end (he changed the fundamental shape of the front, so when I tried to put New Old Stock parts on the front they wouldn't fit!). So that has taken lots of time to fix. Nearly there, but jobs, church callings, other 'honey dos' around the house make this a project I do when I have some spare time, and I body work, though doable, in this situation requires time. You want to do it right so that the car looks good, not just thrown together, especially on a classic.

my biggest regret is selling my 79 Firebird since i was going into the service.

the real dumb thing was i used to give my father so much crap for doing the same exact thing with his 1960 ford fairlane 500.

I would love to have something to tinker with but my living situation wont allow it.:(

The cool thing about Trans Am's is they made so many of them. I bought my 79 TA about 4 years ago for $2300. The guy had it on ebay and it bid up to $2600 and they buyer did pay, so he relisted for $2300 Buy-it-now. Zero rust gold with a tan interior and only 78K miles. The interior is thrashed, but the parts are cheap. I'm going to put a red interior in it (it's a T-Top car), and a 73 nose and hood. I also figured out how to convert a functional 74 GTO scoop to fit the 455 Olds Rocket engine (was a 403 originally). This car has a 2.47 posi and I'll bet it would go 150 MPH easy... but won't even come close to chirping the tires.

Good liuck finding your Firebird someday... they're a very good choice to restore, because parts are everywhere and cross for 11 years.

I was the same way. But one summer my wife and I were at my dad's and someone had a TR6 in their front lawn for sale and my wife said 'you could buy something like that if you wanted to to work on'. I was dumbfounded because I'd wanted something but couldn't get the blessing. But, being a guy, and knowing that blessings from the better half have a shelf life of about 2 hours, I found my TR250 in about 2 weeks and then drove 12 hours each way to go get it. That way she couldn't change her mind!

The time will come when you can get one. Then you get to buy tools!

Love the triumphs. Down the road from were i grew up was a guy who had a barn full of them, he would have a new one up for sale every other month or so. But my problem isn't the wife's blessing, it's that base housing has rules about having unregistered/ un drivable cars at your house and my garage is too small to put a car into with all the kids stuff, except their power wheel:D)

• 1 month later...