For All Mormon Women

Guest binkbonk

Guest binkbonk

I recently discovered that e-bay is selling temple garments. I have written a complaint to them. But I just wanted to let everyone know that is an ebay member what is going on. It would help if your opinion is also shared with them. You have to be an ebay member to complain...so if you are not don't feel obligated to join.

I can't believe how bad this world is getting that someone would bid $500 for some temple garments..clearly they aren't members (we can get them a whole lot cheaper).

• 4 weeks later...

How is it lawfully wrong? The transactions happen between the auctioner, the owner of such items, and the bidders. Ebay only takes responsibility for maintaining the site and providing a way for the people to exchange items.

As you said you must be an ebay member in order to complain. However there is nothing lawful you can do to them because when you sign up there's a little something that you have to agree to called the "End User License Agreement."

You, the end user, agree, among other conditions, that ebay is not responsible for auctions that are horrible or wrong. This came up when a man put up for bidding a night with his wife. I think Ebay stayed safe in this but I don't know how it turned out. All I know is some guy got gyped on his bid.

correct, while there's nothing legally wrong, it's morally wrong *in mormon eyes* and ebay has pulled quite a few auctions where they felt that the auctions were inappropriate ala my friend brian tried to auction himself off for a date...

if people complain, they will react...

• 2 weeks later...