Revelation is the norm!

martybess

In his love for his children HF provided as a norm revelation.

He has given to us the Light of Christ.

Manifestation by the gift of the Holy Ghost.

And the gift of the Holy Ghost.

All individuals are given the Light of Christ, it helps them to know good from evil, invites to do good, persuades to believe in Christ, sustains life and lead to seek truth. Manifestation by the power of the Holy Ghost is given to seekers of truth, bears record if the Father and the Son and all truth, includes gifts of the spirit one might receive and leads to repentance and baptism. The gift of the Holy Ghost is given by the laying on of hands by those holding the authority, the right to constant companionship and guidance.

Now with all this given to us I think revelation is the norm and not the exception. Even though we are cut off from the presence of HF he indeed intended for his children to have a constant flow of revelation.

Joseph Smith said: No man can receive the Holy Ghost without receiving revelations. The Holy Ghost is a revelator.

So everyone has the Light of Christ but there are some who have a constraint flow of revelation according to Joseph Smith. But sad it is that those with this gift who does not use it or recognizes it and that is most of us.

D&C 6:5 Therefore, if you will ask of me you shall receive; if you will knock it shall be opened unto you.

D&C 112:10 Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.

D&C 76:5-10

5 For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end.

6 Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

7 And to them will I reveal all mysteries, yea, all the hidden mysteries of my kingdom from days of old, and for ages to come, will I make known unto them the good pleasure of my will concerning all things pertaining to my kingdom.

8 Yea, even the wonders of eternity shall they know, and things to come will I show them, even the things of many generations.

9 And their wisdom shall be great, and their understanding reach to heaven; and before them the wisdom of the wise shall perish, and the understanding of the prudent shall come to naught.

10 For by my Spirit will I enlighten them, and by my power will I make known unto them the secrets of my will—yea, even those things which eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor yet entered into the heart of man.

Now I would say it’s a safe bet to say that our FH in true to his promises, we can expect to have guidance and revelation, he will keep his promise.

It is up to us but now here’s my question. If we look at these verses and from what we can gather what keeps us from this revelation? Second why do we fumble so when we know what we know?

Any thoughts?

-Marty

Also what are the keys to receiving revelation? According to the scriptures we must prepare to receive revelation by:

1. (Fearing HF, serving Him in righteousness and truth unto the end).

“D&C 76:5 “For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end.

2. Search the scriptures diligently, to know the word of God.” (See Alma 17:2)

“and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.

An essential aspect and another gift HF has given his children. To actually have revelation written down where we can read them.

3. Prayer and fasting. (Alma 17:3)

“But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God.”

4. Seek the Lord’s will. (Alma 17:9)

“And it came to pass that they journeyed many days in the wilderness, and they fasted much and prayed much that the Lord would grant unto them a portion of his Spirit to go with them, and abide with them, that they might be an instrument in the hands of God.

- Marty

How do we recognize revelation, how does it come?

1- It’s a still small voice.(1st Kings19 11-12)

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

2- Perfect mildness that speaks to our souls (spirit) (Heleman 5:30)

30 And it came to pass when they heard this voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul—

3- Enlightens, gives empressions, speaks peace and dwells in the heart. (D&C 6:15, 22-23)

15 Behold, thou knowest that thou hast inquired of me and I did enlighten thy mind; and now I tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou hast been enlightened by the Spirit of truth;

22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.

23 Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?

(D&C 8:2-3) - 2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.

3 Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground.

- Marty