I think its been a year...:

teddyk

...give or take 6 month :) sorry,my short term memory is my lame excuse,for this. So is it ok to ask for a redo? at this topic?

I will assume you approve;

I think it best you know a few small details about me;

1)I type funny,not offended if you LoL.

2)I'm not LDS,no I don't want to get answers from the really sweet young men,that drink my water,when they knock.

(they did not ask,I offered it,was hot at times)

3)I hang out with a Grandson that is LDS,he is my pride and joy.

Know,I must confess,I have done this post for a sneaky purpose;

I need to know what you know about this heavenly father personage LDS pray to,I have heard all the other name's for him that are out there,I do not care to much about what his handle is,because I have meet him,but he never once introduced himself,unless,I was not paying attention,this is not my question,when I state my reall question,its not because I have any grudge against the creator,it just seems to me that anyone can make a mistake; the question from what you know,can the personage you call god,make a mistake?

Not the big picture,just for example,could he buy the wrong wall paper for his home? That type of mistakes,or even a bit bigger,like can he say..opps! I cave teddy brown eyes he would look better with blue...O btw,I have hazel :)

Note: I would not hold it against him,if he did make mistakes,as long as he makes it up to us someday,not because he is required to do so,just because it seems to be,the nice thing to do...thanks.

@ john doe..taught the god of the,king james bible,by grandparents mostly,who all lived close by in a mid western town,a bit like Mayberry usa :) also I must include,aunts,great aunts,cousins,uncles,a very large an mixed group;

Baptist,Lutheran,Catholic,Episcopal,Presbyterian,Methodist,Pentecostal,Lds,re-Lds,the list is almost endless,I wrote them all down once in amazement.

My one Grandmother,is the most important I think,she was very modest,smart,kind,thoughtful,giving,helpful,resourceful,respectful,soft spoken,steadfast,no one I ever met,ever had a bad moment with her,she read her bible every day with out fail,when I was a kid,this would happen in front of a warm glowing fire,in her cozy well kept home,she loved me unconditional,she took me to see her friends in town every Sunday,an other great goings on through the week at every church house you can name,it always amazed me that the whole world seemed to know her,I think I was about 12 when it dawned on me that these where all different church's,this was how I was raised.

I count my lucky stars for having her and the others in my life,an thank God daily that these people where blinded by love,I don't know what they saw in me.

I left all this,as a teenager,when I served in the Marines,an yes I found my dream,it all came true,yes I would go back home someday,but I knew I had to accomplish what I was taught,what I was meant to do,my purpose for me in this life..it was good. Not perfect,no,but it all worked out,I'm still doing it,that's the blessing..really.

The God LDS sometimes refer to as our Heavenly Father, is the same God and father of Jesus Christ as taught of in the King James version of the Bible. As God, he is all-knowing, or omniscient, and all-powerful. God does not make mistakes. We may not have an understanding of why He does what He does, but that doesn't mean He is not in control or that He is wrong.

Hi john doe,thanks,you must have had an idea I knew the answer you gave,truth be known I never feel I know all the answer.I have been alone most of today,letting you in on thoughs detail's would not be good right now,I'm trying to get it off my mind,as you may guess,I am not used to the house being empty,not even for one hour.Reminds me of when I was away in the Marine's,this empty day was not planned,it just happened.Not to be concerned,I am a big boy and will be fine around mid-nite are so when my family returns,them being gone till that hour is very rare.

Hi teddyk,

Maybe you do write funny, but perhaps only to you. You seem like a good-natured big boy brother image any grand son would like to hang around with. I did come across a few experiences in life where I shared your concern of the possibility that God would need to admit a "Ooops I got to try something else" attitude. However as the years go by I see that it was a human weakness on my part that caused me to have a less-than-perfect eye site. My god is the father of us both and I know He is perfect, that He doesn't excuse himself, nor will He have any reason to. His perfect love for us is unmatched as is also beyond our comprehension. I know He is in full controll of the affairs of us his children. Our responsibilities, as I have come to understand, are great. We must follow his ways, his teachings, his only begotten Son Jesus Christ, his example. The time will and does come where we soon understand that he is not capable of making mistakes like we mortals can and do. He has gone beyond that. He has become perfect. He has overcome all things. He knows us, his children much better than we know ourselves. We can place our full confidence in Him as a child confides in us. I cannot close without saying that His church has been restored in its fulness. My family of LDS members, as well as my children's own families have come to understand the joy and fulfilment of of their own lives as they continue the path that assures them of eternal joys in our Father's presence.

Edited by magnava

@...magnava,thanks for the support^^^wow! I read your profile,you have lived a most neat life,your young uns and sweet Queen seem awesome,congrats!! and I noticed you used your very first post for me,unless I am seeing thing's,I had a glass of wine today(which is the first in years).Really!!! your 1st post? that's cool,anyway's if so,glad you joined,you will most certainly be loved on this site...oh btw welcome,I think I can say that,he he,I have been absent for way to long here,on the forum.

Hi Teddy and welcome. I also have a grandson who likes to be around ... especially with his uncles. Looks like you already got quite a few answers here... talking about writting funny.....

Anyway...

So officially:

Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.

Thanks Maya^^^for the heads up,and the warm welcome back..no I have never been offended at all by any member..

I think its because I am used to being in a diverse culture :D..thanks for being helpful,its truly refreshing,a great reason to be here,everyone is very polite,and considerate...like my lds Grandson..

a christian forum is where I fit in best,we always have something in common,thanks again...God bless ~ teddyk :)