Got Life?

dizzysmiles

The youth bored just asked a little bit about ourselves and i thought we could tell in here too for the adults. What are your hobbies, your goals in life, and anything else you want to tell us.. I'll start,

Im a 22 year old female from Utah who wanted to serve a mission my whole life, and I had dated a atheist in highschool and when we broke up I wanted nothing to do with guys for awhile and just focus on college. I used to hate these young mormon brides and so I was ready to go to college. Lets just say life happens when you make other plans and that the Lord humbled me, i went to dixie college and that is where i met my husband, he was my older brothres friends roomate if that makes sense.. here let me explain.. well say "Jason" was a guy who was four years older than me and dated me for a while after his mission, although he was my brother and sister *twins* friend they didnt really want him dating their lil sis. well he told me bout dixie and i got three scholarships and went there.. i didnt want a serious relationship but never thought that it couldn't work out in a few years. well Jason's roomie well say " trent" was a nice guy that i thought we would be just buddie buddys. Jason started flirting with everyone and their dog and trent seemed cool, one day I had the strangest feeling come over me that trent and I wuold be more then just friends. and so it happend we dated seriously becasue i pursewed itlol. seven months later we were married in slc temple and now we have been married for 4 years and have a 2 year old girl and 9 month old boy, my pride and joy. I relized life is worth it thanks to my family. i know it can be hard ive bene through a lot as im sure you all have, but the hard is what makes us stronger. I play the paino and wuold love to learn the gauitar, i love crafts, and school! I want to be a marriage counsler and work for Lds family services in that or something to do with addiction programs. Life is good. and my philosophy in life is we all have trials but when we have God in our life our trials are easier to bear,.

Originally posted by dizzysmiles@Nov 6 2005, 04:55 PM

The youth bored just asked a little bit about ourselves and i thought we could tell in here too for the adults.  What are your hobbies, your goals in life, and anything else you want to tell us.. I'll start,

Im a 22 year old female from Utah who wanted to serve a mission my whole life, and I had dated a atheist in highschool and when we broke up I wanted nothing to do with guys for awhile and just focus on college. I used to hate these young mormon brides and so I was ready to go to college.  Lets just say life happens when you make other plans and that the Lord humbled me, i went to dixie college and that is where i met my husband, he was my older brothres friends roomate if that  makes sense.. here let me explain.. well say "Jason" was a guy who was four years older than me and dated me for a while after his mission, although he was my brother and sister *twins* friend they didnt really want him dating their lil sis. well he told me bout dixie and i got three scholarships and went there.. i didnt want a serious relationship but never thought that it couldn't work out in a few years. well Jason's roomie well say " trent"  was a nice guy that i thought we would be just buddie buddys. Jason started flirting with everyone and their dog and trent seemed cool, one day I had the strangest feeling come over me that trent and I wuold be more then just friends. and so it happend we dated seriously becasue i pursewed itlol. seven months later we were married in slc temple and now we have been married for 4 years and have a 2 year old girl and 9 month old boy, my pride and joy.  I relized life is worth it thanks to my family. i know it can be hard ive bene through a lot as im sure you all have, but the hard is what makes us stronger.  I play the paino and wuold love to learn the gauitar, i love crafts, and school!  I want to be a marriage counsler and work for Lds family services in that or something to do with addiction programs.  Life is good.  and my philosophy in life is we all have trials but when we have God in our life our trials are easier to bear,.

Well i'm a Mom of 4 boys and a few extras...I grew up in AF Utah and moved to nevada 14 years ago due to my husbands job...I am a scrapbooking nut! I hate cleaning although i do it alot for a living...i hate cooking and also do it for a living...I tend to be a nonconformist so when i do go to church everyone is a little weary of me.... But yet they still love me :D I love to have lots of friends and can be to hyper....I'm always the first one people run to when something goes wrong or they need help....i don't tend to judge anyone ...I love people for who they are and not who they aren't...I make friends with about any kid of individual unless they are real creeps and sickos then i'm the first to call the police! LOL Never ask me to bring food to an event because you will wish you never ate it! And don't think i ever feel bad i never had a girl because i don't think i would make a great mom to a daughter, I am already strict and it would be worse if i had a girl, ( I just know how i was as a kid LOL and know i would get paid back by having a girl ) All though i tend to make friends easy with younger Gals, I don't know why maybe it is my sparkling personality LOL :sparklygrin:

Guest Member_Deleted

lisajo :

1. Well i'm a Mom of 4 boys and a few extras...

2. Never ask me to bring food to an event because you will wish you never ate it! 

3. And don't think i ever feel bad i never had a girl because i don't think i would make a great mom to a daughter, I am already strict and it would be worse if i had a girl, ( I just know how i was as a kid LOL and know i would get paid back by having a girl ) 

1. Cool... I have 5 boys... what are the few extras?

2. What do you do to the food that would make one wish they had never eaten it?

3. I had two girls and they were my easy ones... LOL yet... I must say... when my husband's father cursed him to have 5 boys just like hisself.... he wasn't kidding !!! LOL

My husband grew up in a house of sisters and no brothers... his son's have more than made up for that... :lol:

I am 31 years old. I have been married for 7 years to my husband and we have two girls ages 3 and 18 months. I was born in a small N. Utah town and lived there until I was 24 when I married my dh and moved to S.Cali where he went to grad school. I currently live in Miami where we have been hit by 3 hurricanes, Katrina, Rita, and Wilma, which left us without power for 6 days and we were the lucky ones. I am not really a typical mormon wife, I don't cook very well, I am a rotten housekeeper, and I can't sew, knit, or crochet to save my life. My dh is not a member and is always teasing me that he should have held out for a real mormon wife. I told him in order to get one of those he needs to become a member. Well, I have been trying to learn to cook lately and I am not doing to shabby if I do say so myself. I still hate cleaning but I do it.

I like reading books such as Harry Potter, Nicholas Sparks and pretty much anything else I can get my hands on. I also am a magazine addict, I love InStyle, Cosmo, Glamour, Time, the church magazines, which I know is a huge contradiction, but I am fascinated by all of them. I love music and movies too, but this is getting too long so I won't list any. In fact I am done for now!! :rolleyes:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by dizzysmiles@Nov 7 2005, 09:25 AM

lol.. how many kids were in your guy's family growin up?

I came from a family of 6 girls and 3 boys. I was the 6th girl... not a good position to have... LOL... lots and lots of hand-me-downs...

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by tngu@Nov 7 2005, 09:52 PM

I am 31 years old. I have been married for 7 years to my husband and we have two girls ages 3 and 18 months. I was born in a small N. Utah town and lived there until I was 24 when I married my dh and moved to S.Cali where he went to grad school. I currently live in Miami where we have been hit by 3 hurricanes, Katrina, Rita, and Wilma, which left us without power for 6 days and we were the lucky ones. I am not really a typical mormon wife, I don't cook very well, I am a rotten housekeeper, and I can't sew, knit, or crochet to save my life. My dh is not a member and is always teasing me that he should have held out for a real mormon wife.  I told him in order to get one of those he needs to become a member. Well, I have been trying to learn to cook lately and I am not doing to shabby if I do say so myself. I still hate cleaning but I do it.

I like reading books such as Harry Potter, Nicholas Sparks and pretty much anything else I can get my hands on. I also am a magazine addict, I love InStyle, Cosmo, Glamour, Time, the church magazines, which I know is a huge contradiction, but I am fascinated by all of them. I love music and movies too, but this is getting too long so I won't list any. In fact I am done for now!! :rolleyes:

Bummer about living in the hurricane's path... are you guys going to stay there?

I am 22 years old, single, female. I've lived in N. Utah my whole life and love the color purple. I am the only girl and I have 3 older brothers and 1 younger. I have 1 cat whom we named Puddy Tat, Pudds, Kit Kat, Pus, and ######. Take your pick, they're all good, cats don't come when called to anyways. AND I like photography. ^_^

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by tngu@Nov 8 2005, 09:33 PM

No Way!!!! We are leaving as soon as my husband is finished with his Postdoc hopefully by January. We were going to leave anyway, but all these hurricanes have really convinced us that this is not the place we want to live.

Smart move... time will pass quickly I hope...

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by stellati@Nov 8 2005, 10:01 PM

I am 22 years old, single, female.  I've lived in N. Utah my whole life and love the color purple.  I am the only girl and I have 3 older brothers and 1 younger.  I have 1 cat whom we named Puddy Tat, Pudds, Kit Kat, Pus, and ######.  Take your pick, they're all good, cats don't come when called to anyways.  AND I like photography.  ^_^

Wow you are almost the same age as my youngest daughter... she is 23...

What do you do? Going to school? working a job? Where and what in? ( too many questions? you don't have to answer if you don't want to... LOL)

Guest Lisajo02

Originally posted by Please@Nov 7 2005, 09:21 AM

lisajo :

2. Never ask me to bring food to an event because you will wish you never ate it! 

3. And don't think i ever feel bad i never had a girl because i don't think i would make a great mom to a daughter, I am already strict and it would be worse if i had a girl, ( I just know how i was as a kid LOL and know i would get paid back by having a girl ) 

3. I had two girls and they were my easy ones... LOL yet... I must say... when my husband's father cursed him to have 5 boys just like hisself.... he wasn't kidding !!! LOL

My husband grew up in a house of sisters and no brothers... his son's have more than made up for that... :lol:

Well the few extras are the boys friends one lives here and one might as well... And for the cooking well i just have no creativity with it at all....never looks edible LOL :sparklygrin:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Lisajo02+Nov 8 2005, 11:53 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Please@Nov 7 2005, 09:21 AM

lisajo :

Well the few extras are the boys friends one lives here and one might as well... And for the cooking well i just have no creativity with it at all....never looks edible LOL :sparklygrin:

LOL sounds interesting at your house... :)

I am glad it's not just me that is not typical. Sometimes it seems everyone is a better sahm than me. I had a roommate who always made crock-pot meals for her boyfriend. I have been married seven years and still don't own a crock-pot!! :D The first time I tried cooking a full meal my husband thought he had walked into the wrong house! :sparklygrin:

Originally posted by dizzysmiles@Nov 9 2005, 10:44 AM

im 22 f ut married 4 years w ith a 2 year old girl and 9 month old boy. speaking of tytpicall mormon wife? i think you were expalinin some 50's house wife cause im mormon but dang i stink at cooking, cleaning and about everything else lol

Hey girl I'm right there with ya!!!!!! :sparklygrin:

Originally posted by tngu@Nov 9 2005, 09:10 PM

I am glad it's not just me that is not typical. Sometimes it seems everyone is a better sahm than me. I had a roommate who always made crock-pot meals for her boyfriend. I have been married seven years and still don't own a crock-pot!! :D  The first time I tried cooking a full meal my husband thought he had walked into the wrong house! :sparklygrin:

LoL my family calls me the crock pot Queen...Thats all i do well..But they get sick of it fast :wow: