I Need Help With A Yw Project

ldsgurl_2002

im doing a scrapbook of quotes, stories, jokes, etc. for choice and accountability...i have a couple of quotes etc.. but i could use some more...if anybody knows some quotes etc for these topics i would really appreciate it!!

Sabbath Day

Prayer

Reading Scriptures

Word of Wisdom

Language

Honesty

Gratitude

these aren't the only pages im doing..i already did like 10 others..but i would really appreciate the help!!

This quote fits perfectly under gratitude, no kidding.

"Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves. They tend to be more humble, more joyful, more likable."

(Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Live in Thanksgiving Daily," Ensign, Sept. 2001,8)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, Okay, here's another one that might be a little more helpful:

We take the sacred writings into our hands, and admit that they were given by direct inspiration for the good of man. We believe that God condescended to speak from the heavens and declare His will concerning the human family, to give them just and holy laws, to regulate their conduct, and guide them in a direct way, that in due time He might take them to Himself, and make them joint heirs with His Son. But when this fact is admitted, that the immediate will of Heaven is contained in the Scriptures, are we not bound as rational creatures to live in accordance to all it's precepts?

Joseph Smith Junior.

I love John Bytheway...and heres a quote from him I like.....

"It is better to be respected than it is to be popular. Popularity ends on Yearbook Day, but respect lasts forever." -- John Bytheway

But on the lighter side:

quips I found from some sites:

"Why did the Laminites have sore Knees? "

Too many Knee Fights. (Nephites)

"If you're not LDS, you belong to a non-prophet organization." --Brad Panike

"You might be a Mormon if you have a coke-a-cola bottle in a brown bag."

--Brian Burningham

Originally posted by ldsgurl_2002@Dec 8 2005, 05:08 PM

I love John Bytheway too!! we watched his book of mormon heroes talk in seminary..he is so hilarious..great speaker...Thanks!! those are hilarious!

He is a great speaker!..... I used to have a lot of his talks on tape that we would listen to on road trips :)

Words of Wisom: In essence this is telling us to not sweat the small stuff, or don't freak out over things that can be resolved. "Crisis + Time = Humor." Believe me I know. Like the time the cat got in the dryer and we turned it on not knowing he was there. All we heard was a little yip then tha-thunk, tha-thunk, tha-thunk. Yeah, then we realized what happened and pulled him out. He was warm, and staticky. We freaked out about it at the time but now we can laugh about it.

Another gooder is

"Faith cannot be exercised while in doubt."

and

"Faults and Failings and the superficiality of mere physical attractions are as nothing compared with the genuiness of good character that endures and grows more beautiful with years."

I think those are both by Sheri Dew. I know the first one is but the second one, I'm not so sure.

Good luck!!! :sparklygrin: