A Mormon Must See

lisajo

First of all i can see what it is about just by the name, Why is this in the adds for our site, It just looks like anti, mormon propaganda to me, i did click on it read the first page and found out it looks like i am right, so i went no further,...just wondering if cause the word mormon is in it that is why it is there? Oh by the way it can look like a mormon site but it is not

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 14 2005, 05:49 PM

First of all i can see what it is about just by the name, Why is this in the adds for our site,  It just looks like anti, mormon propaganda to me, i did click on it read the first page and found out it looks like i am right, so i went no further,...just wondering if cause the word mormon is in it that is why it is there? Oh by the way it can look like a mormon site but it is not

I have an add blocker so I never see these things. But that sounds like something that shouldn't be on an LDS site.

I believe that there is a google tag that pulls ads that say LDS or something like that. This can if someone clicks on it generate income to the owner of the site. Both for the site where the post is as well as the site you are clicking on. I believe there is little that can be done about it other than make this a pay for use site. I would be willing to pay for a place to come and visit with like minded friends but think the site would die for lack of funds.

Originally posted by BenRaines@Nov 14 2005, 04:22 PM

I believe that there is a google tag that pulls ads that say LDS or something like that.  This can if someone clicks on it generate income to the owner of the site.  Both for the site where the post is as well as the site you are clicking on.  I believe there is little that can be done about it other than make this a pay for use site.  I would be willing to pay for a place to come and visit with like minded friends but think the site would die for lack of funds.

I agree with you there, well i guess atleast everyone is warned about it now anyway

Originally posted by BenRaines@Nov 14 2005, 06:22 PM

I believe that there is a google tag that pulls ads that say LDS or something like that.  This can if someone clicks on it generate income to the owner of the site.  Both for the site where the post is as well as the site you are clicking on.  I believe there is little that can be done about it other than make this a pay for use site.  I would be willing to pay for a place to come and visit with like minded friends but think the site would die for lack of funds.

I agree with you Ben. I don't think there would be enough that would keep paying to keep it going. But, there is probably nothing Heather can do about those ads.

Originally posted by Josie+Nov 14 2005, 05:55 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Winnie G@Nov 14 2005, 06:52 PM

Ok were do you see this?

I must have missed it some were.

do you have a link?

The ads are constantly changing, so it is possible that it was just not up when you were on the site. If you watch, they are always changing.

On this site? Holy cow that should be stoped