Faith Or Works? For Paul

Serg

Traveler

You stated that understanding from scripture comes partly through the study of it. That is what I am asking you. I want to know if you study the scriptures by looking at the significant words in a passage, the history and culture that the passage was written in, the author's general point behind the writing of the passage, and the big picture of the entire text?

Do you look at the exegetical meaning of passages in the BOM?

Son of Paul

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sonofpaul@Dec 1 2005, 11:05 PM

Traveler

You stated that understanding from scripture comes partly through the study of it.  That is what I am asking you.  I want to know if you study the scriptures by looking at the significant words in a passage, the history and culture that the passage was written in, the author's general point behind the writing of the passage, and the big picture of the entire text?

Do you look at the exegetical meaning of passages in the BOM?

Son of Paul

For the most part I try to be as "inclusive" in all my studies as possible. There are some groups I have learned to take with less than a grain of salt. There are many self claiming Christians that criticize the Book of Mormon on term and conditions that if applied to the Bible in the same manner and method would likewise prove the Bible as wrong as they think it proves the Book of Mormon. If you are of such a variety - don't bother.

The Traveler