Debate Last Night Same Sex Marrage

Winnie G

Guest sugarbay

Originally posted by Winnie G@Dec 17 2005, 11:36 AM

The Canadian debate in English was on last night. The first question was one same sex marriage. You can view or read the debate by checking out the election link at ctv.ca

They are asked questions by video by Canadians.

This is heating up fast.

Debating same sex marriage? A waste of time. The scriptures make it very plain that it is an abomination. All else is rationalization and justification for an evil practice. I am not saying saying we shouldn't love these people; even Pres. Hinckley says we should love them. Remember how the Savior told of the shepherd that left the 99 and went in searchof the one lost one. While it is hard to not be judgemental in this issue, let's remember that they are our brothers and sisters and Father loves them, too.

It is interesting that the PM is backed by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Did you watch the video link? He has the law on his side to back him.

I do not think it is own beliefs the catholic parish were he attended has denied him communion since he signed bill in to law. I think he goes elsewhere.

He has stated it hurts him deeply.

I wonder how a US election debate would handle that question?

heck yes i'm straight too. i have friends who are gay and i know that it really is a struggle for them! but i like to tell them about how the lord "giveth no commandments unto the children of men saveth ...he shall prepare a way that they may accomplish the thing which he hath commanded them." (1 nephi 3:7)

and i know this is true. they can work past this and their life will be okay! it's not easy, but it can happen, and it will with the right attitude.

Guest funkyfool416

Originally posted by Fiannan@Dec 19 2005, 01:54 PM

Funkyfool416 states:

Im straight...so it dont apply to me. but...if two same-gendered people get married i dont think its our place to judge them. Yeah so i agree w/ yall i guess

What if those two same gendered individuals are both sisters? Is that wrong, and why?

Nah that's wrong in my opinion if they are sisters. Why...i dunno im not much of a deep thinker sorry. Thats just they way it should be. Dont people get enuf of their siblings when they are kids? lol

Guest Taoist_Saint

Debating same sex marriage?  A waste of time.  The scriptures make it very plain that it is an abomination. 

Makes sense to me...since there is no separation of Church and State, we should base our laws on the Bible.

When will they be passing the law that allows for the execution of idolators (Deuteronomy 13:6-9)?

When will it be legal for us to own slaves again, as long as they are immigrants (Leviticus 25:44-46)?

I would like to know, so I can go find a more civilized country to live in before those laws are passed.