Having problems with the church

brynngal

Have you been here?

Stay LDS / Mormon

There are some articles and essays under "Additional Support Resources" that may interest you, there is also a forum where you can discuss your issues with others who have been or are in the same boat as you.

From what I read they are only interesting in people who want to conform to their very watered down ideas of what it means to stay in the lds church. I know someone who posted some very real, serious issues with the church and his posts never saw the light of day because the moderators wouldn't put them on the forum. Not much of a place for encouraging people to 'stay lds' in my opinion.

Hey Girl,

From one sister to another - just ignore those perfectionist women. There is the LDS religion, and then there is the LDS culture. I know because I used to live in Utah! None of those women are being authentic - they are putting up a perfect front and if you knew their life stories or inner details of their lives, you would see plenty of faults. There are plently of nice, authentic, real sisters in the church to hang out and talk to, that don't enjoy being SAHMs but do it because we believe it is best. I am a SAHM and it drives me crazy a large portion of the time. I miss social interaction at work too. Lots of SAHMs do. I always get tons of women (I'm not bragging, it's true) at church tell me how much they like me because I am not fake and they feel like I am "so real." You be the real one. You can do it.

As far as your testimony - I don't think you should shove your doubts and questions aside. Polygamy used to bother me, too. Also, the blacks not getting the priesthood until the 70s bugged me. I decided to read anti-Mormon stuff about some of the things I had questions about. It really tripped up my testimony in general. It made me not believe some of the things I already had no problem with. Anti-mormons are not concerned with telling the fair truth and they DON'T HAVE THE HOLY GHOST!!!! I finally noticed that when I read that stuff, I felt confused and jaded. When I read the scriptures, searched them, prayed, and thought about Christ, I felt the Spirit. The Spirit will help you to discern the truth. Now my testimony is even stronger than before I read the anti-mormon stuff. There are many illogical, weird things in church history that bugged me. They bug me no more and I know the ONLY REASON CHURCH HISTORY DOESN'T BOTHER ME ANY MORE IS BECAUSE OF THE HOLY GHOST.

Search it out and it is time to really, really turn to Christ with all your pains from your bum husband, crappy visiting teachers, doubts about the church. . . Now is the time to really be an investigator and ask the missionaries about polygamy, etc. Ask with a prayer in your heart to know the truth. Keep your mind pure and clean and I promise you, the Holy Ghost is the only way when all is done to know this church is true. I think you should talk to some missionaries and take the discussions, in private without telling anyone if you want, and really search the scriptures, pray a lot, and fast and pray together. You can do this.

I love you! You are totally normal!

Edited by crazypotato

There is the LDS religion, and then there is the LDS culture. I know because I used to live in Utah! None of those women are being authentic - they are putting up a perfect front and if you knew their life stories or inner details of their lives, you would see plenty of faults.

^^this^^ I live in Utah now, what a culture shock and I have been lds all my life. One time I was asked to bring dinner to a new mom that already had a small child. When I brought in the dinner, her house was spotless...I about died. And then I thought no wonder we have so many problems, everyone is trying to be perfect. Utah lds women are tough for me...I am a tomboy and usually have dirt in my fingernails. I wear the same dress every week and never stay to chit chat. I hate going to women's night because I have to endure the weeks gossip. And I really could care less what sis. so and so daughter wore to prom, or how many pages she managed to scrapbook last night. I go to church to worship, I really could care less about the social network. Oh, and polygamy really bothers me too...I try not to dwell on it because it causes me to doubt. And satan will use anything to turn me from God.