Anyone gone to the Hill Cumorah Pagent?

We are going this year! :D It just sounded really nice and it's not that far and why not? :)

I think maybe this will help us have some direction on whether we are joing the LDS or not.

Any tips or things to do/see in the area? Anything you'd like to share?

(sorry if this is on the wrong board, I couldn't figure out where to put it!)

You've got the right place to ask!! The only help or hint I can share is about when I went a looong time ago. I was 10 year s old, you could sit on the hod of your car or on logs set up for the crowd. It was a log time ago but it was one of the most amazing thigs I had ever seen.

Take the kids and give them memories!!

I went 11 years ago this summer. It was....amazing to say the least. Go early to get good seats, and be prepared for any weather. I went with my brother (who had just returned home 2 months earlier from serving his mission there) and a family that lives in Palmyra. They said every year the day of pageant, it is rainy, but just as pageant begins, the weather clears up.

Go with a prayer in your heart.

The thing I remember most about the whole thing was, during the Christ being risen scene, in the background a shooting star flew across the sky. It was beautiful and had a lot of personal meaning for me at the time.

ENJOY yourself! You'll love it.

Sounds nice!

The only technical detail I did not understand is:

Are you sitting on the ground? or is it an arena?

From what I've read, it sounds like both? :confused:

I think it'll be really fun and if we decide to convert, it is a once in a lifetime thing to do with the kids etc. :)

Sounds nice!

The only technical detail I did not understand is:

Are you sitting on the ground? or is it an arena?

From what I've read, it sounds like both? :confused:

I think it'll be really fun and if we decide to convert, it is a once in a lifetime thing to do with the kids etc. :)

There is a stage set up in a huge outdoor field. The audience sits in folding chairs set up in the field. You do have to get there early enough in the day to hold a section for you and your group, though. There are people who end up sitting on blankets on the ground.