My Sincere Apologies

Sean

Hello, i and my family are new to the church and i did not know that i was offending people when i asked in a chat room about what happens in the temple. i have talked with my Bishop about it and he told me to be paitent and i will be there soon to find out for my self. Our missionaries also helped us to understand that it's not secret but rather sacred. i did not come to LDS Talk to hurt or up set anyone and would never intensionally do so.

On a seperate matter i am in need of a large print quad. i have seen them for sale at mormon book stores but they are quite expensive and i cant afford one right now. my wife reads the scriptures to me but i want to study on my own at times. So if anyone has a large print Quad that they are not using please contact me and let me know.

To our new family, it's wonderful to have found our way home. We will never lose our way again!

Sean

Sean, Check with your Bishop. He may know someone in the ward that has a set of large scriptures you can use. Also, instead of a a quad, check about getting a Bible and a Triple. That is what i did. They work well and they are very inexpensive to buy new in the large print if you go with just a simple version with no index guides. They have the printed page indexes, but I am talking about the little colored tabs for each book. Just get the plaine large print scriptures and the missionaries can probably pick them up for you at the mission home very inexpensively or the Bishop can help you order them. They are as large as the big quad and easy to read.

Oh, your Bishop is right about the temple. It is not secret, just sacred and a chat room is not the place to discuss it, but you did not know that. Remember, a baby crawls before it walks. You will learn little by little and it sounds like when you are ready your Bishop will get you to the temple, but learn all you need to to go there. You want it to be a wonderful experience that you are ready for, and you can't start out chewing meat, when you have not prepared your system with softer, milder foods first (meaning a baby starts on babyfood, not a steak). I am not trying to put you down in anyway, just hoping you understand that we all were in your shoes once upon a time, and we all had to develop and grow into where we are now.

All good responses/sites.

I didn't hear about what led up to this apology, but if it's any consolation, some endowed members can sometimes overreact to such questions because of how often they come insincerely from those negative toward the church. The temple is an amazing place where much of the deepest, individual, spiritual learning occurs. Most members are excited to talk about the temple in general terms, but the specifics must be experienced to be understood and appreciated.

So, perhaps we too should apologize to you, if any of us overreacted to your questions.

Preparation is everything. The temple is a wonderful place to learn and spiritually grow. Line upon line, precept upon precept is also the way to learn and spiritually grow. It is the Lords way that we do not run faster than we are able.

Prayers for your strengthening in the gospel.