Oregons Assisted Suicide Law

sgallan

From the Associated Press...

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court, with Chief Justice John Roberts dissenting, upheld Oregon's one-of-a-kind physician-assisted suicide law Tuesday, rejecting a Bush administration attempt to punish doctors who help terminally ill patients die.

The rest of the article....

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/assisted_suicide

Guest Crazy Horse

Assisted suicide...premeditation...sounds like first degree murder is legal in Oregon. What WILL they think of next? B)

I saw that this morning. I don't know what to think of it.

Prend, where did you get that cute angel thing?

I look at it as a humane thing. When our pets get old, are terminal, and are in obvious pain and distress, we humanely put them to sleep. It is sort of what doctors do with say..... cancer patients. They give them enough drugs to deal with the pain. Eventually the amount it takes to deal with the pain is also fatal to the patient. It is just legalizing what is often already done in end of life situations. Do you think it is just a coincidence that the family at bedside during the death of a loved one?

Guest Crazy Horse

Don't remember...i'll have to dig through my stuff. I have so many! If yuo want to use it go ahead and save it. I have unlimited bandwith.

Thanks. It is such a newt little thing! I "stole" it! lol!

This may sound funny, but in some way makes us think.

Jesus knew he was going to die, and went. Does that make Him a suicide?

The Church has always supported(see even the seminary manuals) the death penalty. Although i see and understand the doctrinal part of it, -a way profound one- yet, if they premeditate the process and have the person to agree(the Church presents the view that the person has to WANT it), does that not make him a suicide and the Church a murderer?

These are just questions, i believe what the Church teaches concerning it, and also that it sorts of deserve such a penalty, but when i confront both the BoM and the Bible i find that it states that they can and were forgiven who truly repented( Rev. 9: 21):

Alma 24: 10

10 And I also thank my God, yea, my great God, that he hath granted unto us that we might repent of these things, and also that he hath forgiven us of those our many sins and murders which we have committed, and taken away the bguilt from our hearts, through the merits of his Son.

Yet there was no death penalty through the process of justification for those people, and indeed when they stood faithful and died the scripture says: Alma 24: 26

26 And it came to pass that the people of God were joined that day by more than the number who had been slain; and those who had been slain were righteous people, therefore we have no reason to doubt but what they were saved.

So lets meditate on that...

Regards BROTHERS!