Music for RS lessons

CindyStar1234

I am the chorister for Relief Society and I love it, but I have a hard time coming up with the songs every week, especially on the weeks that the lessons are chosen from sources other than the manual. I would LOVE some help with this if anyone has some thoughts as I feel like an empty vessel at this moment. The upcoming lessons are;

June 27 "Continue in Patience" Pres. Uchtdorf

July 4 No topic has been given to me yet

July 25 "Generations Linked in Love"

August 1 No topic yet

August 22 "He is Risen"

We do both an opening and closing song. Thank you for your help. Cindystar

Edited by CindyStar1234

I do, and I have found that to be very helpful. But have you tried to find a song on the priesthood! Tough. Also, there are a lot of lessons on topics that are very similar and so with opening and closing one must get creative, or help from someone who has better ideas, or is more creative than your own dusty, drained brain.

Finding a song on the Priesthood is easy! Finding one in a range that the women can sing, well, that's a different story. ;) For such a lesson I would suggest something about the restoration, or perhaps the sharing of the Gospel. While neither of those are exclusive to the Priesthood, they are both strongly tied.

June 27 "Continue in Patience" Pres. Uchtdorf

#1: Does the Journey Seem Long? - #127

#2: Carry On - #255

July 25 "Generations Linked in Love"

#1: A Key Was Turned in Latter Days (Women) - #310

#2: The Day Dawn Is Breaking - #52

August 22 "He is Risen"

#1: He Is Risen! - #199

#2: I Know That My Redeemer Lives - #136

After you look them up by topic, rad the lyrics of the ones yu are cionsidering. You could read the essin yourself to get a better knowledge of what is covered, or you can ask the teacher if they have one in mind to go with what they are teaching on. Do you do a practice hymn? Teach one you may not know and learn the parts, !