John Birch Society Posts

BenRaines

I am confused. I thought that John Birch Society was a strong Christian Right organization with a focus on Communists attempting to take over everything in the US including the Presidency, etc. I see no reason for an anti- Mormon forum since that is not supposed to happen her. Anti-Mormon I am referring to are those that are not open to any discussion whatsoever. Those types of posters are soon eliminated from the site. Being non LDS does not make someone Anti-Mormon. Not believing in organized religion does not make someone Anti-Mormon.

OK back on track. This forum was created to those who have posts both Pro and Con regarding John Birch Society to post. Have at it and keep it on track or I will delete the forum.

Bob Dylan sums it all up for me:

Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues...

Well, I was feelin' sad and feelin' blue,

I didn't know what in the world I was gonna do,

Them Communists they wus comin' around,

They wus in the air,

They wus on the ground.

They wouldn't gimme no peace. . .

So I run down most hurriedly

And joined up with the John Birch Society,

I got me a secret membership card

And started off a-walkin' down the road.

Yee-hoo, I'm a real John Bircher now!

Look out you Commies!

Now we all agree with Hitlers' views,

Although he killed six million Jews.

It don't matter too much that he was a Fascist,

At least you can't say he was a Communist!

That's to say like if you got a cold you take a shot of malaria.

Well, I wus lookin' everywhere for them gol-darned Reds.

I got up in the mornin' 'n' looked under my bed,

Looked in the sink, behind the door,

Looked in the glove compartment of my car.

Couldn't find 'em . . .

I wus lookin' high an' low for them Reds everywhere,

I wus lookin' in the sink an' underneath the chair.

I looked way up my chimney hole,

I even looked deep inside my toilet bowl.

They got away . . .

Well, I wus sittin' home alone an' started to sweat,

Figured they wus in my T.V. set.

Peeked behind the picture frame,

Got a shock from my feet, hittin' right up in the brain.

Them Reds caused it!

I know they did . . . them hard-core ones.

Well, I quit my job so I could work alone,

Then I changed my name to Sherlock Holmes.

Followed some clues from my detective bag

And discovered they wus red stripes on the American flag!

That ol' Betty Ross . . .

Well, I investigated all the books in the library,

Ninety percent of 'em gotta be burned away.

I investigated all the people that I knowed,

Ninety-eight percent of them gotta go.

The other two percent are fellow Birchers . . . just like me.

Now Eisenhower, he's a Russian spy,

Lincoln, Jefferson and that Roosevelt guy.

To my knowledge there's just one man

That's really a true American: George Lincoln Rockwell.

I know for a fact he hates Commies cus he picketed the movie Exodus.

Well, I fin'ly started thinkin' straight

When I run outa things to investigate.

Couldn't imagine doin' anything else,

So now I'm sittin' home investigatin' myself!

Hope I don't find out anything . . . hmm, great God!

Copyright © 1970 Special Rider Music

This is the one thing I don't like about posting in forums and I try to show with emoticons but it just doesn't seem to come through. I agree Outshined I think that PC's post was funny and your laughing guys too. I created the forum so that postings of a JBS would be centrally located if someone wants to read one and or offer rebuttal. That will help keep from getting off track with the other forums. Or so I thought. :)

Now that is funny too. The Dylan song.

Hmmm...wouldn't be too sure about his stance on Christianity now tho Aristotle...he has returned to Judaism at various points over the last 2 decades...also, I don't think becoming a Christian would necessarily mean that his attitude towards the J.B.Society would have altered either..

Joan Baez stated that she was very disappointed when Bob Dylan discontinued writing political songs. Personally, my favorite Dylan song is "You Gotta Serve Somebody"...it might be the devil, or it might be the Lord, but you're gonna have to serve somebody.

Jay Sekulow is a Jew but converted to Christianity. There are many "Jews for Jesus"...fitting, since Jesus was a Jew. ;-)

I don't think Dylan ever really gave up writing what we would consider to be political songs, however he hated being labelled as political. 'Gotta Serve Somebody' was a great song which won a Grammy I believe...I love all of his music and find it very difficult to choose a favourite however...

Anyway...we've gone off topic!!!

I don't think Dylan ever really gave up writing what we would consider to be political songs, however he hated being labelled as political. 'Gotta Serve Somebody' was a great song which won a Grammy I believe...I love all of his music and find it very difficult to choose a favourite however...

Anyway...we've gone off topic!!!

Wanna start an "I Love Bob Dylan" topic? LOL

This is the one thing I don't like about posting in forums and I try to show with emoticons but it just doesn't seem to come through. I agree Outshined I think that PC's post was funny and your laughing guys too. I created the forum so that postings of a JBS would be centrally located if someone wants to read one and or offer rebuttal. That will help keep from getting off track with the other forums. Or so I thought. :)

Now that is funny too. The Dylan song.

Okay... :lol: ...my bad my bad :excl: Oh...I can't stop :wow: ...let's see, John Birch Society--isn't that a subforum of GR88T's http://www.enterprisemission.com? :ph34r:

LOL...yeah love to!! You wanna make it? or shall I? :)

You go ahead...I'll join ya!

Our friends accompanied us on a camping trip one spring. I took my guitar for a singalong. At the top of our lungs we sang, "Positively Fourth Street"...

YOU GOTTA LOTTA NERVE TO SAY YOU ARE MY FRIEND,

WHEN I WAS DOWN YOU JUST STOOD THERE GRINNINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

We noticed some passersby, but that didn't stop us, we just kept on grinnin' and singin'. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I am confused. I thought that John Birch Society was a strong Christian Right organization with a focus on Communists attempting to take over everything in the US including the Presidency, etc.

The John Birch Society is not strong, it's primary purpose is not Christian, to say it represents anything within the normal range of "right-wing" is to say Ronald Reagan is a leftist, and yes it was a fringe anti-communist group that probably had its hey day in the 1960s. Again, why here, and why now?