Religious Songs (for you)

Addz25

Hey all, I was listening to my iPod today and after hearing a couple songs that to me bring up a stronger religious feeling, I was curious to hear what songs to others (that may not necessarily be the intent of the song) raise a feeling of God or another religious aspect. So to start, hear are the songs that speak to my spirit:

Son of Man, by Phil Collins (yup, from Tarzan):

Wake Up, by Story of the Year (this one's sort of punk rock/alternative, but no swears!):

Now hear are the lyrics if you don't feel like listening to the songs, or you don't understand them: Son of Man - Son Of Man Lyrics - Phil Collins, Wake Up - Story Of The Year - Wake Up Lyrics

I know there are some lines in these songs that underscore the purpose I'm trying to give them, but here are some that I like...

Son of Man: "On this journey that you're making/ There'll be answers that you'll seek/ And it's you who'll climb the mountain/ It's you who'll reach the peak", "Son of Man, look to the sky/ Lift your spirit, set it free", "In learning you will teach/ And teaching you will learn/ You'll find your place beside the ones you love", "Though there's no one there to guide you/ No one to take your hand/ But with faith and understanding/ You will journey from boy to man"

Wake Up: "Are we missing what it is to be alive?", "Our innocence is a virtue/ But our arrogance will only leave us blind, unattended/ Without anyone to save our idle lives", "One by one the pieces fall/ Until our pride defeats us all/ Or we learn to live without it", "WAKE UP - to the sound of this time bomb"

What I like about the two songs are that first, Son of Man teaches of a journey that you yourself have to make, that will grant you strength and wisdom, which I relate to following in the footsteps of Christ. Another connection I found interesting is how in the BoM it often mentions the "children of men" - "Son of Man". What I like about Wake Up is that it talks about how we are forgetting why we're here on Earth - to serve Heavenly Father. It states our time on Earth isn't infinite, so we must repent, and rid ourselves of pride and arrogance. So what other songs do your souls delight in, that you find may send a message?

P.S. - mods, if you find this is in the wrong forum please move it - I just thought it would fit nicely here

You like Story of the Year? Awesome.

YouTube - ‪Counterparts - Only Anchors‬‎

Lyrics: ONLY ANCHORS LYRICS - COUNTERPARTS

Also, OP, when I encounter a couple swears in otherwise good and uplifting songs, I just use audacity to edit them out. Works like a charm!

I love story of the year, probably my favorite band. Interesting song, i love the lyrics! and thanks for the advice, ill try it out