How Does LDS Church resolve conflicts with the Bible ???

CHowell

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden

"

'There is nothing more pathetic than the anti anti-mormon' Colonel Louis/Lewis Tucker"

the above quote taken from the bottom of Snows' page

Interesting quote, which makes me wonder if you are either anti-mormon yourself of sympathetic of them?

And it also seems to me if one applies what LDS believe is what members of The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints (like the name says) *** are***, then you might think the Apostle Paul was a pitiful Anti Anti-Christian?? Not me, such was a great defender of the faith, hero and disciples of Jesus Christ. :).

• 2 weeks later...

But in Chapter 3 of Genesis one of the punishments God hands out is that he's going to greatly increase a woman's child bearing pains (Paraphrasing).... But if he's going to increase them, this would imply that they were going to be there beforehand which would imply that a woman would be bearing children before the fall.

If you believe that the Bible is the Devine inspired Word of God, Then how can can you add text into it or claim that text was missing ?

I don't know how old this is, or even if the poster is still here, but it is apparent they did not have children or else they would have been kicked out of the Garden with their parents.

The word "increase" that you're using ins't really in the Bible.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Sorrow and conception is different than sorrow in conception. In fact, it doesn't even state what the reference point is for "multiply[ing]" her sorrow. It could be her current state, which was not pleasant before God at the time, much like a child who disobeyed her father. It doesn't have to be to child bearing, since we know she never had children before.

But, as many have said, we have living prophets who help us understand the scriptures. I think that would be your area of greater concern, whether or not there is really a prophet on the earth today. If there is, I'm not sure how these subtle text differences amount to a whole lot in comparison.