Wisdom

Aristotle

Wisdom for this week

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:

"Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is the general discussion on the topic, feel free to share how you "feed the good wolf". :-)

I would say they're more than wolves. More like one is a wolf with angel wings and the other is black, has six heads, and three reptilian tails.

I had a foster Indian brother, and he had reoccuring nightmares of being chased by a wolf.

Feeding the good wolf? Going to church!

Is that it? Are those of us who do not go to church therefore feeding the "bad wolf"?

There are different things which feed the wolf which you do, like serving others, being a good father, and good citizen.

But there are things which almost negate these and I know you know which things they are.

But there are things which almost negate these and I know you know which things they are.

I am not sure what your are talking about....

God said those who are not for Him are against Him. If one is against God, it would stand to reason that they are working for the other guy!

Then it would appear the 'other guy' is about the same as your god. What would be the point of worshipping this particular posited god?

Tch, tch, tch, look at the deeper meaning. Going to church. Now, for me, I go to church to be edified so I can survive the next week! So that I can receive the blessings of the gospel and partake of the Sacrament since I am only human and bumble up all the time and remember Him and worship Him. That's what the Sabbath is for. Of course there's more things to do--but to come unto Christ is the best of all. I go to church and read my scriptures to come unto Christ. Don't you think that if you're becoming like Christ, or trying to, and looking for the deeper meanings and higher laws, don't you think you would already be serving and loving others and striving to daily improve yourself?

So, why do I go to church? To become like Christ.

Since this is the general discussion on the topic, feel free to share how you "feed the good wolf". :-)

<div class='quotemain'>

I would say they're more than wolves. More like one is a wolf with angel wings and the other is black, has six heads, and three reptilian tails.

I had a foster Indian brother, and he had reoccuring nightmares of being chased by a wolf.

I had foster Indian sisters and one brother!!! Cool.

As for the dreams, I read a child development book in college about this. They say boys between 4-8 dream of bears and boys from 8-18 dream of wolves and that it is a natural or normal thing.

Wolf

To see a wolf in your dream, symbolizes beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social situations and can blend in with any situation with ease and grace. You are a loner by choice. Negatively, it represents hostility and aggression. It may also reflect an uncontrollable force or situation in your life. In particular, if the wolf is white, then it signifies valor and victory. You have the ability to see the light even in your darkest hours.

To dream that you kill a wolf, indicates betrayal and secrets revealed.

Chase

To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity. In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.

To dream that you are chasing someone, signifies that you are attempting to overcome a difficult goal or task. You may also be expressing some aggressive feelings toward others.

Of course you would find this. You are a partisans. It is the nature of partinship to find that which supports your particular position.

Correction: I am a truthseeker; a truthseeker seeks [and finds] the truth.

It is also the religious aka Christians attempting to impose their beliefs and authority and control over another.

Are you speaking of the Christians who come to a forum such as this and attempt to impose their beliefs onto the LDS?

Why do you always take the offensive?

\

LOL Why do you ALWAYS exagerate in your attempt to slam someone?

To feed the good wolf Kindness: n 1: the quality of being warm-hearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic 2: tendency to be kind and forgiving 3: a kind act. Compassion to my fellow man. Be it my neighbor, friend, co-worker, boss, sibling. Irregardless of their faith, nationality, etc. The Golden Rule is apt here: Do unto others as you would have done onto you.

No Ari, I am not speaking of that.

Ari, read the bold part. Why do you always take the offensive? In this case you are so off the mark you should really be embarassed! Instead of attacking bits and pieces of everyones posts, why don't you give, in detail, how you feed the good wolf that is in you?

How interesting, 'MrsS', that you, being new to the board, would refer to me by a nickname I used months ago!

:threadhijacked:

:monkey: see :monkey: do. Let's stop monkeying around, shall we? LOL

Correction: I am a truthseeker; a truthseeker seeks [and finds] the truth.

That is what all the partisans say.

Is suggesting you are superior to everbody else - because you think you have the truth - something you consider "feeding the good". I consider it a bit arrogant myself. But it is not unusual for people to get the two confused.

FWIW..... arrogance can be an acceptable human trait. It is very common.

Interesting that a thread talking about feeding the good and/or evil has turned into a slamfest.

And y'll wonder why I see no additional value in religion or religious beliefs.

I had foster Indian sisters and one brother!!! Cool.

That is too cool!!

As for the dreams, I read a child development book in college about this. They say boys between 4-8 dream of bears and boys from 8-18 dream of wolves and that it is a natural or normal thing.

Wolf

To see a wolf in your dream, symbolizes beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social situations and can blend in with any situation with ease and grace. You are a loner by choice. Negatively, it represents hostility and aggression. It may also reflect an uncontrollable force or situation in your life. In particular, if the wolf is white, then it signifies valor and victory. You have the ability to see the light even in your darkest hours.

To dream that you kill a wolf, indicates betrayal and secrets revealed.

Chase

To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity. In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.

To dream that you are chasing someone, signifies that you are attempting to overcome a difficult goal or task. You may also be expressing some aggressive feelings toward others.

That's very interesting...thanks for sharing that, Syble!

As for my foster Indian brother...just 17 yrs old...caught in a dilemma between gospel teachings and Indian teachings...this makes perfect sense!