List of Signs of the 2nd Coming?

Lucky73

I'm looking for an authoritative and comprehensive list of the signs that will happen before the 2nd Coming. By authoritative I mean from a General Authority or something that has passed through Church Correlation--not something a seminary teacher put together. By comprehensive I mean a list that attempts to list all of the signs, not just a sampling. While I know that's probably not possible, I would like a list that attempts.

So far all I have is Bruce R. McConkie's list under the topic "Signs of the Times" in Mormon Doctrine. Does anyone have anything else?

Well, your source already doesn't meet your own qualifications. Mormon Doctrine is not an official Church publication.

I would suggest a thorough study of the topic within the scriptures. I know of no signs that General Authorities have listed or spoken of that aren't already contained and prophesied of in the Standard Works.

I'm just looking from a list that comes from either source: a General Authority or Church Correlation. Mormon Doctrine fits the first source. I would even be O.K. with something from a recognized Mormon scholar like a BYU professor.

The purpose of the list is to be a simple reference. I could create one myself but it would be my list and I'm not much of an authority. It's not for my personal benefit--it's something I intend to share with others.

A great source to start with is the Guide to the Scriptures.

Guide to the Scriptures: Second Coming of Jesus Christ

Guide to the Scriptures: Signs of the Times

Read all the associated scriptures, then do a couple of searches of the articles at lds.org narrowing the searches down to First Presidency and Apostles only.

Also, a great source are the "Teachings of the Presidents of the Church" manuals that we have been using over the last few years. They have been awesome whenever I needed to find quotes that are in harmony with the established doctrine of the Church. You can get those from here.

LDS.org - Melchizedek Priesthood

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Vanhin

Thanks for your post. I would rather not assemble my own list. That would be easy to do but there is some subjectivity in doing that. When I show the list to someone else I would like it to have more weight than my own interpretation--I'm a nobody.

Here is a link to Elder McConkie's list:

Second Coming (LDS Church)

Edited by Lucky73

This is an audio recording of a lecture given by Mark C. Peterson in November 2009. He spoke about what's prophesied in Isaiah, the Book of Mormon, and the Book of Revelation regarding America. Some of the topics covered are: Government, Secret Combinations, Destiny of America, US Constitution, the Church, the Cleansing of America, Follow the Prophet.

It is the Third File Down on the page

LatterdayConservative.com | Other

Edited by pam
Please do not promote your own websites in the body of a post.

• 1 year later...

I found an LDS i phone app called "Signs of the Times" that gives a list with out commentary and breaks it down in three sections. Things that have happened, happening and going to happen. It is pretty easy to search for keywords which i found really helpful. It is also pretty thorough. I think it is more along the lines of what you are looking for. I looked up the link if ur interested.^_^I put both the website and the app store. Didn't know which one to put down.

Hypermindy

SignsOfTheTimes for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I just found another list by David Ridges (he helped write curriculum for the Church and was an Institute director and Education Week speaker).

50 Signs of the Times and the Second Coming (scroll down to see the list)

Does anyone know of any others?

David Ridges has a newer book out called 65 Signs of the times - it goes through 65 of the signs (it's not a list of all the signs, I don't think one exists) and it goes through if they have come to pass, are in process of being fulfilled, or yet to be fulfilled as well as "unknown".

I highly recommend this book

I found an LDS i phone app called "Signs of the Times" that gives a list with out commentary and breaks it down in three sections. Things that have happened, happening and going to happen. It is pretty easy to search for keywords which i found really helpful. It is also pretty thorough. I think it is more along the lines of what you are looking for. I looked up the link if ur interested.^_^I put both the website and the app store. Didn't know which one to put down.

Hypermindy

SignsOfTheTimes for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

They really DO have an app for everything.

Yep, It would seem they do. I hope they don't stop making apps like this : ) Now if I could just find and app that would wash my dishes : ) LOL. I do like the app though. It looks like the same guy made another app called compare religion or compare your religion or something. ANyway, i like his stuff.

Hypermindy