2 Nephi 32:3

pam

Reference Search: 2 Nephi 32:3

3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.

Quotes for Discussion

Feast upon the Words of Christ

Doctrine gains its power as the Holy Ghost confirms that it is true.

Henry B. Eyring, The Power of Teaching Doctrine, 74

The scriptures are the handbook for the language of revelation. They are our personal Liahona. If we will regularly immerse ourselves in the scriptures, we’ll get clearer, more frequent answers to our prayers—all while learning what to do and what not to do to invite the presence of the Spirit.

Sherri Dew, God Wants a Powerful People, p. 36

If [you] are acquainted with the revelations, there is no question—personal or social or political or occupational—that need go unanswered. Therein is contained the fullness of the everlasting gospel. Therein we find principles of truth that will resolve every confusion and every problem and every dilemma that will face the human family or any individual in it.

Boyd K. Packer, Teach the Scriptures, 5

“Feast upon the words of Christ.” I love the word “feast.” We talk about “pondering” the scriptures, but I like the phrase “feast upon the words.”…

Letters have poured in, dozens of cards, a huge poster with hundreds of signatures of people who have answered the clarion call and have read or reread the Book of Mormon. Many say that their lives have been changed, some turned completely around. Not only adults responded, but children and teenagers. We were in Cody, Wyoming, about six weeks ago. The stake Primary president gave us a huge glass jar filled with jelly beans….For every chapter in the Book of Mormon a Primary child read, the child placed a jelly bean in the jar. One little girl of ten proudly told us that she had read every single chapter.

A knock came at our door about two weeks ago, and there stood my wonderful eighty-four-year-old neighbor with her granddaughter from California, whom she wanted us to meet. This little girl was eight years old. She had red hair and freckles and an adorable smile. She had accomplished her goal to read the entire Book of Mormon before her baptism. Phenomenal!

A university coed who has had a very busy summer has been through the Book of Mormon four times in the last five months. The first time she marked every reference to or word of Jesus Christ in red. The second time she underlined all the doctrine in blue. Then all the references to records and record keeping in black, and finally all the history underlined in green….

Our young people need this to safely steer them through the very wicked world they are being tossed around in.

We hear continually what a wicked world this is, and what a terrible world it is for children to grow up in. Perhaps that is why so much emphasis is being placed on scripture reading. I firmly believe that this is one thing that is going to save the present generation of young people….I don’t know when there has ever been a generation when the young have been so involved in the scriptures. It was not so in my day. We heard much about tithing and about the Word of Wisdom but very little about scripture reading.

Primary lessons and sharing time revolve around the scriptures—not just stories, but children are becoming acquainted with the actual words.

Glimpses into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay Hinckley, edited by Virginia H. Pearce [salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1999], 33-34