12 Reasons Why Gays Should Not Be Allowed To Marry

Pahoran

Originally posted by Ray@Feb 27 2004, 06:20 PM

How do you think it would be for a child to grow up in a home without a father, or a mother, not because of divorce, but because both parents were of the same sex?

Who would be that child’s role model, if both parents happened to be an opposite sex?

How would a child determine what was “natural”, if everyone around him or her, from the time they were born and throughout their young lives, acted “unnaturally”?

Someone emailed me an article about this subject today:

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS01J3

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Starsky

I would think that if it were a natural thing for guys to be with guys and girls to be with girls...their plumbing fixtures would be made to match up better. LOL

They have to actually use foreign things and make-shift anatomy, and absolute disgusting options inorder to do it.......what more needs to be said....

**** My minor in college was child developement....and what I see in our society today as these kinds of things take over....is not a good thing. *****

Yet I have a child who has been raised in an environment where homosexuality is normal. She knows no different. This child is hardly traumatized. Quite the opposite actually. And while I may not have the degree, I work with kids everyday. Have been for years. I have seen the traumatized ones as well. I am not getting the connection with regards to homosexuality. At least not which the 100 or so homosexuals I am acquainted with.

**** How do you think it would be for a child to grow up in a home without a father, or a mother, not because of divorce, but because both parents were of the same sex? *****

We actually have it in our will that should something happen to us, my dad and step-mom have first choice as they live five minutes away, but should they be unable too..... Uncle Clifford and his partner would raise Reni.

**** Who would be that child’s role model, if both parents happened to be an opposite sex? ****

Ray, do you realize that following your logic we should just throw away all kids who are not raised in a two parent environment. Are you willing to do that? I'm not. As a matter of fact I have been a role model both for kids with two parents, and those with only one. Several who are adults now and doing quite well.

*** How would a child determine what was “natural”, if everyone around him or her, from the time they were born and throughout their young lives, acted “unnaturally”?****

They are what they are. I have never had a truly homosexual thought in my life. Really. And if my child were to become gay.... my reaction would be, "so what". Really. To me while not anywhere near the majority it is not all that unusual with humans, or in the animal world in general. And to give a brutal example; wife was abused in the worst way as a child. Her gay brother was not. The pedophile liked little girls. My wife is a flaming heterosexual. Her brother was Gay. Go figure. I have seen more dysfunction in this community, and in areas of my 43 years of living, than most people can imagine. I try to help where I can.

*** And btw, in case you’ve forgotten, it is “natural” for a male to be attracted to a female, and vice versa.****

They have the majority to be sure. But so what. I am unnaturally strong. Does this make me a deviant? I partake in risk type activities, as does my dad and brothers, that 99% of humanity would never consider. Does THIS make me a deviant?

**** Some people would have you believe that "gay" people are a whole other gender, not male or female, but “gay”. Where is the sense in that? ****

I just see them as people who are attracted to members of the same sex instead of the opposite. Nothing else.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by sgallan@Feb 27 2004, 06:40 PM

**** My minor in college was child developement....and what I see in our society today as these kinds of things take over....is not a good thing. *****

Yet I have a child who has been raised in an environment where homosexuality is normal. She knows no different. This child is hardly traumatized. Quite the opposite actually. And while I may not have the degree, I work with kids everyday. Have been for years. I have seen the traumatized ones as well. I am not getting the connection with regards to homosexuality. At least not which the 100 or so homosexuals I am acquainted with.

There you go...now we know why you can't see what is wrong with it...you are saturated to the point you can't see how damaging it is.

**** There you go...now we know why you can't see what is wrong with it...you are saturated to the point you can't see how damaging it is. ****

How so. I am 43. You know my story don't you. Or should I repeat it. If it is so wrong, why is life so good? Why is my child so happy? Why do I live life doing for others? I don't see the logic....

To continue on a theme......

If it is so bad, why is Clifford is doing so well?. As a citizen in his neighborhood. As a business owner who contributes to society and hires and gives people work (gay and straight). Pays taxes and all of that. Is an engaged citizen in everyway. For who family is a very important part of his life. All the way down to doting on his dog. Why did Michael live such a rich and rewarding - albeit short - life? Where family was important. And was the only one who didn't ostracize his sister (save me) when she was at her lowest? Who showed up for the birth of his neice?

I am still having trouble seeing the "bad" here....

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by sgallan@Feb 27 2004, 08:12 PM

**** There you go...now we know why you can't see what is wrong with it...you are saturated to the point you can't see how damaging it is. ****

How so. I am 43. You know my story don't you. Or should I repeat it. If it is so wrong, why is life so good? Why is my child so happy? Why do I live life doing for others? I don't see the logic....

That is your opinion...which at this time I really have a problem with. I can't see anyone being that saturated into the gay life still seeing things as they really are.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by sgallan@Feb 27 2004, 08:17 PM

To continue on a theme......

If it is so bad, why is Clifford is doing so well?. As a citizen in his neighborhood. As a business owner who contributes to society and hires and gives people work (gay and straight). Pays taxes and all of that. Is an engaged citizen in everyway. For who family is a very important part of his life. All the way down to doting on his dog. Why did Michael live such a rich and rewarding - albeit short - life? Where family was important. And was the only one who didn't ostracize his sister (save me) when she was at her lowest? Who showed up for the birth of his neice?

I am still having trouble seeing the "bad" here....

You only see what you want to see...so it doesn't surprise me that you don't see the bad here.

**** You only see what you want to see...so it doesn't surprise me that you don't see the bad here. ****

Wait! Is this that weird sort of fundamentalist logic where good is bad, and bad is good, except when it's not, and vice-versa? If not, please explain. Or can you. Pithy comments hardly buttress you case afterall.....

**** That is your opinion...which at this time I really have a problem with. *****

Why? I mean I have a problem with a really screwed up shoulder, That I am making worse almost daily, but at least I can describe it.....

scott - chuckling at the irony of Peace going to war again

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by sgallan@Feb 27 2004, 08:54 PM

**** That is your opinion...which at this time I really have a problem with. *****

Why? I mean I have a problem with a really screwed up shoulder, That I am making worse almost daily, but at least I can describe it.....

scott - chuckling at the irony of Peace going to war again

It bothers you that someone has the clarity of mind to state your life style is corrupt and disgusting and not fit for civilized company. I feel sorry for the children. Seriously. :(

I was told I couldn't see the bad. So lets analyze....

*** If it is so bad, why is Clifford is doing so well?****

Is doing well bad? The business is an honest one afterall. Where is the bad?

*** As a citizen in his neighborhood. ****

He bought a house in a nice neighborhood and is part of a neighborhood organization to continue to make it nice, and safe. Where is the bad?

*** As a business owner who contributes to society and hires and gives people work (gay and straight). ****

He employs people and contributes to the economy. Where is the bad?

*** Pays taxes and all of that.****

Does his duty as a citizen. Where is the bad?

*** Is an engaged citizen in everyway. *****

Participates in society. Where is the bad?

*** For who family is a very important part of his life.*****

LOL.... where is the bad?

** All the way down to doting on his dog. ****

Bad? Animal abuse is better?

*** Why did Michael live such a rich and rewarding - albeit short - life?****

Rich and rewarding is bad?

*** Where family was important. ****

See the above.

**** And was the only one who didn't ostracize his sister (save me) when she was at her lowest? ****

Sticking by the family member who he was closest too is bad? Wow. Whatever was I thinking when I though it good?

**** Who showed up for the birth of his neice? ****

And then has the audacity to show up for the birth of her only child after she got through the hell of alcoholism and addiction. Yup, pretty evil.

Am I missing something here? Peace, so you really hate people like Clifford, Michael, me Denise, and even little Reni, that you would consider anything we do as bad? Wow.

It bothers you that someone has the clarity of mind to state your life style is corrupt and disgusting and not fit for civilized company.****

You mean the lifestyle where I care for family. Love my wife. Am entirely faithful. Volunteer 20 plus hours a week. Mentor adults and even inmates. Work. Live in an area where I can leave the keys in my work truck day and night. Do 50% of the raising of my child. Volunteer to teach in her class every friday afternoon. These things are bad?

*** I feel sorry for the children. Seriously. ****

Well given I spend 20 hours plus a week working with children I am rather astonished you feel this way. What exactly do you do to help children anyway?

Does your faith teach hate?

Guest Starsky

You make up your own scenarios....where did I say 'hate'?

I feel sorry for, and pray for these misguided and sick people and especially for the children envolved.

Peace -

What in the world happened to you to make you hate so much? Is this a personnal thing? An abuse thing? If so, you gotta use your faith in God and somehow try to let it go. Denise went through some horrific things as a child, and as an adult. Heck, she did stuff to me that most people would never forgive. She has lost BOTH of her brothers. People I was close too as well. She is a little clingy with Reni and me as a result. But otherwise still strives to live a good and happy life. I hope you can too. This stuff will eat you up. Really....

Guest Starsky

If success in the world and appearing to be 'the model' citizen were markers of 'doing right' then some of the most demonic people in the world would apply and be accepted.

I don't know how many times I have seen the child molesters being portrayed by their neighbors as the 'totally nices and greatest people....'

The gay lifestyle is sick, wrong, and destructive...you don't always see the damage until it is way too late.

You make up your own scenarios....where did I say 'hate'? ****

You don't HAVE to say it.

*** I feel sorry for, and pray for these misguided and sick people and especially for the children envolved. *****

That's cool. But I could literally envision you exterminating these people if you had a magic wand so to speak. I see your type on boards. And in the real world. You are on the street corners. The male version of you..... with that added bit of testosterone, and youthful stupidy, often due horrible things.