3rd Degree by James Patterson and Andrew Gross

Dr T

Next. I read 3rd Degree by James Patterson and Andrew Gross. I was torn with this book. I found it interesting right away and it was complex with the detective piece but also the personal parts that I really appreciated. This book was about terrorism and the complexity there, a “weak link” and cruelty/compassion, a love interest, government, and loss. Overall, I’d give this book 3 stars maybe 3.25 stars out of 5. He is a good writer and writes page-turners in my opinion. I will pick up the next book in this series and see what happens. I wonder if he can keep it interesting. So far so good but I don’t know. Maybe it was the senseless killing that I really didn’t like. Sure in the terrorist’s mind they had justification but still that knocked off some stars even though it is not the fault of the author even though it is his fault. I was driven to finish it because it was interesting and I wanted to see how he put in the twists in the novel and was pleased by how he tighed it together. I know, it's my fault for reading it knowing that it is part of the Women's Murder Club series so I blame myself. I’ve also been reading a book about superheroes for a change. My son is getting into comic books so I picked it up. I’ll write about it when I’m finished.

Hahahaha, there are almost 10 of them? Wow, I wonder if he can keep them interesting. If they were like the first three, I'll probably will read at least some of them and then see if they will be worth reading the others. I didn't see the fourth book but picked up the fifth one but will hold off reading it until after I read the 4th. Zippy, have you read this series out of order and if you have, did it take anything away from the series? Each have a little bit more background of the characters and I like those parts a lot. The used book store here had plenty of those books and they are inexpensive there or maybe they are at the library here. I'll have to check. Thanks for your thoughts Zippy_do. :)

:) The bad unless you can get the last 2 at the library it will cost. Both will come out in hard back first.

I would rather read in order. I too, like to get to know my characters. When I read the "First Family" by David Baldacci that is what I missed. You know they left the service , but you do not know why:(

These women are some strong characters, too. I do tend to talk to them though when they do not do what I want them to do. :)