Missing Girl

MorningStar

A girl is missing from Renton, Washington and her family is very dear to a friend of mine. Her name is Riley Bunch. If you look her up on Facebook, you will find the group devoted to finding her. They think she ran away and even though she is only 12, the police aren't providing a lot of help. I don't know the details or how they know she ran away, but please look her up and spread the word. She left yesterday at 7am, didn't get on her bus as planned, and brought scriptures with her, but not her textbooks.

I won't be surprised if she turns up at a friend's house, but I'm sure her family fears the worst. She has maybe $5 and they don't know how she can survive in the cold. I'm not far from there. I might go over and help post flyers.

Just to close the loop on this: Riley is back home with her family. Luckily, their efforts to flood the local area with flyers containing her picture paid off after a local supermarket worker saw her and called the family.

Although I don't know the family personally, the mother is a colleague at work. The same day, one of my 15-year-old son's friends ran away, and another colleague lost his 11-year-old daughter in a bicycle accident. I couldn't decide whether to hug my kids or lock them in the basement until age 21 :(