Now this is MY kind of diet

pam

The Law of Conservation of Energy have pretty much declared it's all about calorie intake versus outtake (baring water weight) since well... forever*. That he didn't die is something I suppose, but the conclusion that's it's all about the calories isn't new or surprising.

* This is not to say that certain diets are more healthful or that some are easier to maintain due to being built around maximizing satiety for an amount of calories consumed.

edit: Okay, reading the article more carefully and without the assumption that it was "reduced calorie diet results in weightloss! News at 11!" then the fact that he came out of a twinkie heavy diet without a his vitals all over the place in an undesirable way is fairly interesting.

Edited by Dravin

This isn't the first study done on this subject. Google "portion size me" and you will find super size me was challenged by a few dietetic students and their professor using proper portions and they not only did not put on weight but also had improvements in health.

The study done by a professor and 2 students of nutrition didn't have the same popularity as the random guy with camera because it's much easier to say

this food=bad

then to say US over eating this food is bad.