Birds drop from the sky... Conspiracy or no big deal?

rubondfan2

For those who have read some of my posts over the past few months, it's not really a secret that I have some less-than-mainstream-media-views on world, political and financial events. In keeping with that spirit, I submit to the forum, the following article:

More birds fall from sky ? this time in La. - U.S. news - Environment - msnbc.com

There was a news item 2 days ago about 4000 to 5000 Red Winged Blackbirds that just fell out of the sky dead in Arkansas… Rupert Murdock and his cronies were very quick to point out that it wasn’t a “poisoning” and proposed an explanation that it may have been trauma from a storm or fireworks. Hmm... sorry, I'm not buyin' what they're sellin'.

Well… the cat seems to be jumping out the proverbial bag with this latest incident in Louisiana where… yep… 500 Red Winged Blackbirds ("mostly" according to the article") fell out of the sky dead.

The article conveniently quoted, “but a key federal agency emphasized that mass bird die-offs are not that rare.” Well golly gee Beaver... if a “key government agency” says that we shouldn’t be alarmed, then we've got nothing to worry about...

... Do we?

They have had both major storms and fireworks in both areas in the last couple weeks. that and a series of other stressors could have caused them to die in flocks. Initial study has shown many were injured by blunt force trauma, probably from hail in the area, etc.

It is also possible that it is a disease. However we'll have to wait for the autopsy reports on that. Bird flu, for example, is not manmade, but can kill a bunch of birds in one fell swoop.

Conspiracy? Probably not. As it is, there are tons of red-winged blackbirds here in Indiana and the rest of the Midwest and East. If they all start falling dead, then I would be greatly concerned. But a few thousand in a couple states is really not that many, given the number of them in such states. It was estimated in 1972 that there were almost 1/2 billion red-winged blackbirds in the United States. Given that the blackbirds thrive among humans (eating insects by our roadways, eat crops, etc), that number has likely arisen.

Edit: Sorry for the overload. Don't blame me for the lag.

With the rising string of Bird and Fish Deaths, the National Post has created an infographic on the current situation so far (article) :

Posted Image

Anybody remember the exact details of the 1/3 of the sea will die stuff from Revelation? Because I think this is it.