Adam and the Priesthood

Ezequiel

The fear of falling after receiving great things is very real. You cannot become a Son of Perdition until after receiving the fullness of the light of Christ. Also, IIRC, at the time it was even less uncommon than now for men to rise up, claim revelation, and start a splinter group. Perhaps Heber was referring to this as well.

i thought about that too after i posted this. and it seems many mormon splinter groups are a result of people claiming some vision and dragging people away.

an odd double edged sword it seems

k well i pm'd you

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to share a link - Most of my theories of eternal progression by multiple probationary estates come from the teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. The book "Scriptural Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith" gives scriptural references to the prophets teachings. This is a great book and now it is all online to more freely and easily search.

I invite all to read this book and gain a better testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and his mastery of the scriptures and realize why he can say, "I know the scriptures and understand them.." (TPJS 357)

For example he describes Paul appearance, "“He is about five feet high; very dark hair; dark complexion; dark skin; large Roman nose; sharp face; small black eyes, penetrating as eternity; round shoulders; a whining voice, except when elevated, and then it almost resembled the roaring of a lion. He was a good orator, active and diligent, always employing himself in doing good to his fellow man.” (TOPJS 180)

How could Joseph Smith describe the appearance of Paul? He either was taught by him or saw him in vision...either way this book has strengthened my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

The link is at Scriptural Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith - Enjoy!