crisis, marriage , step children

alla

"About your abusive relationship with your husband - first you said he slapped you once - so I didn't get there was abuse. Then now you're saying he punches you. I don't know what to believe - but it doesn't matter - YOU KNOW if there is abuse or not. YOU KNOW your husband. When there is abuse - SEEK HELP."

I want to answer on this. My husband weight is around 120 kg , height 1,90 m. My weight is around 49 kg. A slap from a man of that kind of proportions can really be a punch for me. Dont you think so??? and in any case is unacceptable. Nobody is prefect , but you justified his gesture too much.

And another thing : the step son lived till this age with his natural mother and grandmother. When he was small and I was only my husband's girlfriend I even helped him to fight for the custody of his son. My point was: he accepted to bring him in the country we reside , knowing perfectly well situation and not even having a plan, an idea how to get any job. He just relied on me.Promissing me taht the siatuation will change very soon and it wasnt that way. he promisses so many thing but i reallity I get nothing ONLY desilusions.Hope y can understand better now through what I am going through!?

I read most of this thread yesterday. I have been thinking about it since and today heard the Families are Forever video published by the Church on its Facebook site. It quotes President Eyring.

Alla, when I heard what President Eyring had to say I immediately thought of your situation.

so...here's a link to the talk: Our Perfect Example

and here is the pertinent quote:

"That is because the greatest joys and the greatest sorrows we experience are in family relationships. The joys come from putting the welfare of others above our own. That is what love is."

I hope that you are able to work things out with your husband and make a forever family.

applepansy

Addition: I realize you have a lot on your plate and that your hurt and frustrated and angry and hurt. My husband and I have been going through rough time financially this past year. It is just getting worse. Financial issues make other issues seem worse. We are coming to some of the end of the stress. I did think of leaving... even after 34 years of marriage... I'm glad I didn't. I'm glad I stayed and worked things out. Its the tough times that strengthen relationships. I can honestly say we're more in love now than a year ago, which I can say about every road block we've faced in our marriage. I hope you will be able to some day look back and say the same thing.

Edited by applepansy
addition and correction