Continuing revelation in action.

riverogue

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None.

Suffrage and Civil Rights was a Constitutional change brought about by the vote of Congress, the President and Governors. All properly voted on representatives of the people. Not through the courts.

But not a vote by the people directly, but point taken. Interracial marriage rights though were changed by the courts opposed by the majority of society at the time.

Not voted directly by the people because of the representative system of government we have. We vote for the Congress and President to do the will of the people. If they don't, they're voted out. So in a sense, yes, the people voted in it by sending their representatives to do the will of the majority.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sympathetic to their (your) cause. My personal belief is that we do need to live the laws of God, but we are living in a world of differing peoples, denominations, lifestyles and ideas. If there was a vote for gay marriage that had the proper wording, I would have a difficult time voting against it. I'm just putting out what happened and how it should have been done.

One of the things I truly hate is propaganda from the extremes that cloud the issue. Strip it away and reasonable people can come together and make reasonable laws. That's all I was trying to point out.

Not voted directly by the people because of the representative system of government we have. We vote for the Congress and President to do the will of the people. If they don't, they're voted out. So in a sense, yes, the people voted in it by sending their representatives to do the will of the majority.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sympathetic to their (your) cause. My personal belief is that we do need to live the laws of God, but we are living in a world of differing peoples, denominations, lifestyles and ideas. If there was a vote for gay marriage that had the proper wording, I would have a difficult time voting against it. I'm just putting out what happened and how it should have been done.

One of the things I truly hate is propaganda from the extremes that cloud the issue. Strip it away and reasonable people can come together and make reasonable laws. That's all I was trying to point out.

And i fully agree, it just seemed you were talking more about the extreme from one side will kinda ignoring they have been provoked more than occasionally. I don't like the extremist gays in the least, most of the guys i talk to find them an embarrassment even when we go out to the clubs. Problem is i do tend to hear only about them and almost nothing about some of the stuff the other side does, or excuses how it's for a good cause so it's excused. I just like to keep it fair ;)

I'm not saying at all that Gay's have not been provoked. For goodness sakes, Iran has no homosexuals, because they jailed and killed them all. I just wanted to point out that yes, there is a history of provoking homosexuals, but California has tried to create balance and give them the same legal rights as married couples. They have it. But when an issue is forced and not given the patience to evolve, then unintended things happen and all sides dig in. And that's what happened.

Anyhow, I need to get to bed. It's way past my bed time. I enjoyed hashing this out with you. It's intellectually stimulating. I hope it was good for you too.

I'm not saying at all that Gay's have not been provoked. For goodness sakes, Iran has no homosexuals, because they jailed and killed them all. I just wanted to point out that yes, there is a history of provoking homosexuals, but California has tried to create balance and give them the same legal rights as married couples. They have it. But when an issue is forced and not given the patience to evolve, then unintended things happen and all sides dig in. And that's what happened.

Anyhow, I need to get to bed. It's way past my bed time. I enjoyed hashing this out with you. It's intellectually stimulating. I hope it was good for you too.

Always nice to talk to those who are able to see all side even if they don't fully agree. Sleep well.