What is REQUIRED to change wards?

NanaBanaFoFana

THe Stake President said no too.

I am leaving the church. I need to be somewhere where they actually care.

Thank you all for your advice and counsel.

NanaBana

That is your choice. But I hope you realize two things:

1) You are expecting people who you have never met to accept your request for a change in wards when you have not attended any ward in some time. This is unfair.

2) All you needed to do was to attend church. You are coming back from inactivity and you have a full plate of stuff to deal with personally. You want an instant calling and an instant acceptance and friendship regardless that nobody in the ward knows you.

Instead you need to have control. You turned this into a needless drama. It is simple. You didn't want it to be, you turned to impatience. Good luck in your decision but I dare say that the fault for you leaving belongs to no one else but you. I urge you to reconsider and dial it down. Just attend church, read the scriptures and pray daily. It's that simple. That's all you need to do. Then everything else will fall into place.

That is your choice. But I hope you realize two things:

1) You are expecting people who you have never met to accept your request for a change in wards when you have not attended any ward in some time. This is unfair.

2) All you needed to do was to attend church. You are coming back from inactivity and you have a full plate of stuff to deal with personally. You want an instant calling and an instant acceptance and friendship regardless that nobody in the ward knows you.

Instead you need to have control. You turned this into a needless drama. It is simple. You didn't want it to be, you turned to impatience. Good luck in your decision but I dare say that the fault for you leaving belongs to no one else but you. I urge you to reconsider and dial it down. Just attend church, read the scriptures and pray daily. It's that simple. That's all you need to do. Then everything else will fall into place.

Wow, you really have no clue do you? I NEVER said I wanted an instant calling and I never said I wanted instant acceptance and friendship. You have NO IDEAwhat I am dealing with. What makes you think I have never met the Stake President? I said I did not know my bishop - I never said I did not know the stake president personally. I do not need control; I need safety. I think you should read the article referenced in a previous post by a former member of the Seventy and you might not be so quick to judge. You say that all I "need to do is attend church, read the scriptures and pray daily. It's that simple." Have you tried telling a person with cancer to "attend church, read the scriptures and pray daily and everything else will fall into place"? It is never "that simple". You say my request and expectations are unfair. Your assumptions are unfair.

NanaBana

Wow, you really have no clue do you? I NEVER said I wanted an instant calling and I never said I wanted instant acceptance and friendship. You have NO IDEAwhat I am dealing with. What makes you think I have never met the Stake President? I said I did not know my bishop - I never said I did not know the stake president personally. I do not need control; I need safety. I think you should read the article referenced in a previous post by a former member of the Seventy and you might not be so quick to judge. You say that all I "need to do is attend church, read the scriptures and pray daily. It's that simple." Have you tried telling a person with cancer to "attend church, read the scriptures and pray daily and everything else will fall into place"? It is never "that simple". You say my request and expectations are unfair. Your assumptions are unfair.

NanaBana

All I know is what you have posted and my own experience. And in the context of spirituality, it is that simple.

NanaBana

Yes it really is that simple.

I am dealing with some of the same issues you have. I am not a member of the LDS church for the Bishop, the Stake President, my daughter, my son, my husband or ward members.

I AM A MEMBER FOR ME!!! I am a member because this is the true church of Christ. I am a member because this is where I'm suppose to be. I will NEVER let one bishop or one stake president or one disappointment push me out of Christ's church. I will not make decisions based on someone else's acceptance of me or my health issues to push me out of the Church.

It breaks my heart top read that instead of seeing that attending your daughter's ward (honestly, without pretending you live there), reading your scriptures, fasting and praying is not an option for you in solving this issue. Only our Heavenly Father can help us with our problems. Christ carries us through everything. If we don't rely on him, we have nothing. Its really that simple. All the rest is just noise.

I truly hope you will be able to find the peace you're searching for. I pray you will realize what a precious gift membership in Christ's church is before you make a decision that affects you forever.

You truly have my prayers,

apple

P.S. My neighbor died of cancer a few years back. She was told to attend, pray, read her scriptures, fast. She did. When she couldn't attend anymore the Sacrement was taken into her home. When she died she had a current temple recommend. She is an inspiration to me. I hope that I can be as faithful.

P.S.S. There is one more ingredient to add to attend your meeting, fast, pray, read scriptures and that is FAITH in Christ.

Edited by applepansy
PS and PSS